FS: 1991 Kona Lavadome - Totally Original

Iain51

Retro Newbie
Hi

I know this is a bit cheeky of me, registering here just to sell my bike. Thing is, I don't really want to sell (need to make space) and I'd rather it went to a good home.

[/sentimental] :roll: ;)

So, the bike. As I said in the subject, it is totally original, but not mint. There is an amount of pitting on the forks and stem, but it's not much. The frame is absolutely sound. I think it's an 19" frame but could possibly be 18".

When I say original, I do mean original! The only things to have been changed are the tyres, brake blocks, grips and chain. So that means we have:
  • Project Two forks
    Shimano 500 LX groupset
    Kona 165 bar
    Velocity stem
    Joes clips
    Dewey bars
    And even the combo cage! (Annoyingly, the original Joe Murray waterbottle has recently disappeared but if I find it, it'll be included.)

IMGP3531_1024x768.jpg

IMGP3533_1024x768.jpg

IMGP3534_1024x768.jpg

IMGP3535_1024x768.jpg

IMGP3537_1024x768.jpg

IMGP3538_1024x768.jpg

I've looked around at what other non-original ones have gone for and I think £150 o.n.o. is reasonable.

Go on someone, give it a good home or it's off to fleabay :cry:

Iain

Cheers. I wasn't sure about the frame size because I couldn't remember whether it was measured from BB to join of top tube/seat tube, or a nominal point had the TT been horizontal. It's tucked away at the back of the shed at the mo, but if someone want confirmation that it is 19" then of course I'll dig it out.

Hello mate - local boy I see! :LOL:

I used to have one of these bitd, and never thought I'd see another one in original condition! I've got some bits on eBay at the mo that have just had an offer made on them - if it all goes through I will pretty much definitely take this off your hands (if t'other half agrees that is)! Might have to make you a cheeky cash-in-person offer though... ;)

gradeAfailure":1xhdo1g6 said:
if it all goes through I will pretty much definitely take this off your hands
:cool:

(if t'other half agrees that is)!
:shock: Many a great plan foundered on this one! :shock:

Might have to make you a cheeky cash-in-person offer though... ;)
Well I did say o.N.o. ;) so I'm not gonna take offence at a bit of bartering :D

Well, other half does think I should get it, unfortunately the bank have other ideas for the time being... :(

Apologies...!

gradeAfailure":3vjp2adv said:
Well, other half does think I should get it, unfortunately the bank have other ideas for the time being... :(

:cool: @ your other half! ;)

Just a thought: if it's a timing thing, I can wait until after payday :D

Otherwise, it's Fleabay time! :?

Back