Amp B2 / Mongoose Cuckoo - Help, see last post

stevetait

Senior Retro Guru
Grabbed this beauty from Stew_b not so long back and its gradually coming together now. His original build was just great so I wanted to give it a rebirth in the same ilk.

I always obsessed over Amp stuff as a young aspiring 'Tim Gould' when I first saw one being hacked through the trees at the Sherwood Pines Series. Since then I was hooked but never got a bike. Amp F3's were as close as I came and they sit on my '94 Zaskar a treat. This I feel is the start of a possible Amp collection and Im trying to track down the rest of the Amp family as we speak.

For now though here it is so far, hopefully to be complete by end of November, the STS is also keeping me occupied at the mo, GT is definatly the wife to my Amp mistress! I need to date here too, not sure how old she is :(

DSC03063.jpg

DSC03066.jpg

I think I will try ultimatly to dress it in M900, Front mech and wheels are just so as well as the cassette I have on the way. NOS m900 Cantis and blocks are currently waiting patiently with blocks on my desk!. M952 cranks and rear mech will be a stop gap until the other parts are sourced.

DSC03067.jpg

Mavic 117's are tailored with a 2.1 Smoke and a 2.1 Dart, I am going to look for a 1.9 for the rear to get that truely classeic Smoke/Dart combo.

Everything is mounted on Control Tech post and stem. I found the Blue Flite recently, still undecided if that bit of blue is too much but I guess the complete build will tell. Hyperlite bars help the shiney theme continue. Clear Onza Porci's will grip it up just right!

DSC03064.jpg

DSC03065.jpg

Love that double down tube.

Ummmm, ahhhh shall I put Mongoose decals back on it, or keep it a shrine of B2 appreciation????

Loving that!

See what you mean about the saddle. Is the blue too obvious a choice? I can't decide (but you don't see many of them about)

There are some outstanding AMPs around at the moment

Looks great and nice spec with the M900 bits. You're getting the drop on me though b/c I have a B2 that is getting stripped right now! Keep us posted on the progress please.

re:

I'd say dress this pup up with some 950's v's, levers, rear der, cranks and shifters and keep the front mech 900'n. That will contrast all the bling a lot, otherwise it may get to shiny...

But I love it, looks really in a nice condition. ready to race!

i really really love it! don't go to bling though!

i wanted to go shiny aswell...but the front triangle on mine is black , same with the forks...i'll see when i get the frame

anyway yours is absolutely amazing in that shiny aluminum tone.

Small very near completion update:

Built it, set it up, shit it up, polished it up and here it is! Just need some cable cropping and we are done. Its a bit small though..... I rode it hard but it just felt a little too small for my 5'10", gutted, to sell or not to sell???

DSC03541.jpg

DSC03563.jpg

DSC03569.jpg

It is very shiney...I will grab some better photos soon...spec in next post.

Frame: Amp B2 Mongoose

Fork: Amp F2

Headset: Onza Mongo III
Stem: Control Tech
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlite
Grips: Onza Clear Porci's

Brakes: M900 XTR Cantis NOS
Brake Pads: M900 XTR Non Cartridge NOS
Cantilever cable hangers: Ging No.3 Cable Triangles NO

Shifters: M952 XTR STI Units
Front Derailleur: M900 XTR NOS
Rear Derailleur: M952 XTR