The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

I'm already thinking of organising a ride over near to me for the NWAs and all-comers in early 2010.
I'm reckoning on the last weekend in January for about 20-25 miles starting in Macclesfield Forest and over to Three-Shires-Head. This will include the climb up to the second highest pub in England (for a cup of tea perhaps) and will finish coincidentally at another great pub which does top notch food and hospitality.
One great thing about this ride is that it is effectively a double figure of eight, which means that there are plenty of options for short-cuts and detours if necessary.
I first rode my proposed route in about 1990 so I can guarantee that it is a proper old school route.

I'll get some photos up of the various features to whet some appetites.

So at this very early stage, who might be up for it...?

drystonepaul":14dgfwum said:
I'm already thinking of organising a ride over near to me for the NWAs and all-comers in early 2010.
I'm reckoning on the last weekend in January for about 20-25 miles starting in Macclesfield Forest and over to Three-Shires-Head. This will include the climb up to the second highest pub in England (for a cup of tea perhaps) and will finish coincidentally at another great pub which does top notch food and hospitality.
One great thing about this ride is that it is effectively a double figure of eight, which means that there are plenty of options for short-cuts and detours if necessary.
I first rode my proposed route in about 1990 so I can guarantee that it is a proper old school route.

I'll get some photos up of the various features to whet some appetites.

So at this very early stage, who might be up for it...?

I'm there, I'm usually am most weekends :)

If you'll excuse an incursion from the East Midlands crew then I could be up for that :D

Is it likely to be a Saturday or Sunday?

Back