new project! orange E3 update on 10/12/09

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
got this off stocko today, met him outside royce engineering (he has friends in high places it would seem! :D )

the plan at the moment is to build this race style from back in the day

i have some mag 20's that are mint and i'm thinking of ripping all the m900 xtr off my explosif and going mad with polishing equipment then building it with syncros,use etc. that's my thoughts for the moment so i'll see what else comes to mind.

and before you ask, the kona isn't going anywhere, i'm gonna (sorry for this) modernise it a little, only v brakes and spinergy wheels, maybe a little more, we'll see!

anyway, here's a pic of the new (to me) frame! :D

Attachments

• shiny shiny E3.jpg
    shiny shiny E3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,246
looks great.My son had an e3 up until early this year when someone else decided they liked it more. guard it well , it was sooo nice to ride it just wanted to go faster all the time, and handled like a dream. replaced it with an old zaskar but he still yearns for orange. cant wait to see it finished.

i never rode an orange till about 96 (nickel p7), loved it, but then worked for a gt dealer so i sold it and got a zaskar, then psyclone and lts aswel, when i eventually got to work for an orange dealer i then saw the light again! :D hence the list below! :D

Hmmm now that sounds interesting :cool:

Get building ! (I remember worland testing a 'team' with xtr and girvins IIRC)

E3

Yep the frame is a 1995 as its got the cable bridge on the monostay. Hope you like the frame, just cant wait for my new one now!

They ran from 95-98 i think, mine is a later one without the canti bridge, not sure of the exact year though, it is a very nice frame, they ride superb, very light and responsive, doubt i'll ever part with mine.

up date so far! :D

fitted an XT 1" headset and some rockshox mag 20 forks which have been painted and rebuilt. the wheels are from my explosif which are m900 hubs on sun rims but i might re rim the wheels as the sun rims are a bit too wide for my liking. also has m900 xtr brakes and STI.

gonna use my middleburn cranks from my aluminium O i think but haven't decided yet, also i have some hope/217 wheels on the way so i might use those aswel, we'll see.

here's acouple of pics. :D

Attachments

• e3 front.jpg
    e3 front.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2,040
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,040
Back