project ghettobike: 1996 fire mountain

courtesy of the ACE gravy monster it now has two wheels all of its own.... and the overall cost is reduced cos now i havent paid for either of them!

anyone wanna swap on old-school 7 speed cassette for a usable 8 speed?

Attachments

• 12102009050 (Large).jpg
    12102009050 (Large).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,877
I think I have a 7 speed cassette for you, it came off my '91 Eldridge Grade. It'd just cost postage unless it's too expensive for your build.

it now owes me £19, some postage money to meyekel, and the pedals from my kilauea

but it looks like this

26102009090.jpg

and ALREADY weighs more than my diamond back SS, which admittedly is 21lb, but still.....

it now owes me £19, some postage money to meyekel, and the pedals from my kilauea

but it looks like this

26102009090.jpg

and ALREADY weighs more than my diamond back SS, which admittedly is 21lb, but still.....

I have some 7 speed lx combi shifters mechanically sound, one window missing, and a bottom pull 28.6 stx mech with one adjuster screw missing, again works well, happy to send them for postage,

could chuck in some cables and black outers too, few wires coming away at the end but should be ok trimmed and crimped?

let me know if they any good to ya.

also a v brake needs noodle and pads,lol

of course ther next challenge will have to be a karma bike, built from completely free parts i think, with even postage not allowed

charlieboy28

i managed to murder the hanger threads, so i have gifted this on to a member of my local club who has torch and helicoiling skills

some of the parts graciously donated by members here will find their way onto future projects, and some are going with the frame :)

Back