Dorset/Purbecks ride anyone??

Damnit! It appears I am busy that weekend after all, speaking to a friend at the pub last night he reminded me its a going away party for a mate leaving to live in new york...so looks as though I wont make it after all.

Sorry guys & cheers for the offer of accomodation Makster!

JeRkY":dr4va11t said:
Damnit! It appears I am busy that weekend after all, speaking to a friend at the pub last night he reminded me its a going away party for a mate leaving to live in new york...so looks as though I wont make it after all.

Sorry guys & cheers for the offer of accomodation Makster!

i have a feeling there will be more to come ;)

Hopefully you dorset chaps can help me out. My girlfriend lives in westbay nr. Bridport and has insisted i take her out mountain biking lol. Not being one to refuse a lady (and the chance to build another bike lol) I've agreed.
Do any of you have any good route recomendations in the area? Easy ones to start please.
I'd love to join you on the ride but i think i'm working so will see.
Thanks

hi,two things,can i come on your retro purbecks ride?
i"ve got a sweet ride that i've taken over many sweet jumps,it's a retro classic but i've fitted modern bits on it and it's got a front disc brake.

the other thing is bridport,i haven't ridden there much,but i think it's pretty hilly,i'd say take her along the coast path and just put up with the carrying you may have to do here and there.

i think its pritty much open to anyone by the looks of it,
ive no idea about bridport but you could ask DRR, dorset rough riders you could probley get in touch through their site. or try www.bikley.com

The number of locals is getting better every day. Looks like roughly 20 riders on retro steeds have put their names down for a fair weather ride.

Lets hope the rain stays away for this weekend. :LOL:

Bikes so far are Bontrager,Pace,S'bike, Rascal, Attitude, Courier, cromega dx, stumpjumpers of variuos vintage and others yet to be mentioned.

Looking forward to it more and more ;)

Ok....the day fast approaches so would be great to get an idea of who is planning to come along.
List so far seems to be...
Me
Lumos2000
Raymondmole (and the local rider)
Gravymonster
Jonnyboy666
Heathy

TBC..
Wutangled?
Carefull now?
Retroyetrigid?
Guybe?

Also... although the poster for the retro-ride being organised through Raymondmole states no disc brakes etc, please dont be put off attending if you only have a modern bike to ride on the day (may be able to lend something out if you're really stuck ;) )
The rides I've been on through this forum have been more about having a laugh and a good day out than worrying about what you're riding on the day.

As for parking...there are a few options open. I will be riding to the ferry so people are more than welcome to park at mine and do the same.
Its a level ride along the prom, and serves as a nice warm-up too ;)
There is also plenty of parking close to the ferry. There is a large car-park at Sandbanks, which is 5mins from the ferry.

If anyone wants further info, feel free to drop me a pm :D

i got the day off today and was in that direction so had a little bimble around the area, got some pics that i'll post in a bit to tempt some more people out! :D

Back