17lbs Lynskey Titanium Hardtail... finished

haggis":9csz43ct said:
yeah its an Eriksen HT i'm waiting on dude :D

I can barely contain my excitement / jealousy :LOL:

Can't wait to see the pics and lots of gratuitous weld shots needed !

Were you not tempted by a 29er?

pretty sure i can manage the weld shots alright dude :D wasn't really temted by the 29er as i've never ridden one before and didn't want to spend all that moola for me not to like it. What about you cheers? not tempted Lynskeys 29er?

On the 29er, exactly the same logic as you. I like the idea but not really prepared to blow that amount on a design I've never tried and I don't know anyone with a 29er to blag a ride. 21 years on a 26 inch bike and they've been alright so far. Only one builder choice for me - Eriksen all the way. Actually not quite right as Potts is an option...but I want an Eriksen, I'd like a Potts.

Time to start your own thread so we don't hijack this one :)

Hi Cheers,

I am wondering if you have hints, tricks or tips for some one who is about to do the same? What would you have done different if you can do it all over again? What would you give extra attention or wouldn't pay attention to. That sort of things.

Thanks in advance

Casper

that is a good question...

What did I learn and what I would do next time:

-The "under" top tube routing I chose wasn't the best. When you go to grab your bike to hike your bike for whatever reason the housing stop and cable makes it uncomfortable to carry for long periods of time. I would change it so that it is at the top of the top tube.

-I would increase the length of the head tube so I wouldn't use so many spacers. I had thought I liked the front handle bar super low, but now I like it with a few spacers

-I would then use the new Chris king InSet headset

-I would also make the bottom bracket slightly higher. WHen you go over logs, the bottom bracket glances the log

-The rear shift cable/housing is broken up into sections. It runs along the top tube with no housing, then goes to housing to clear the seat tube, then back to no housing along the seat stay to the derailleur, where it goes back into housing. I should've just make it one continuous piece of housing from the seat tube to the derailleur.

-Lynskey now offers an industrial brush finish instead of their higher cost shine brushed finish. I would have gone with that, but they did not offer that.

-As for components.... the cycle king ebay saddle was too stiff. I now have a Selle Italia SLR. I also had to get rid of the EC90 setback seatpost and now have a Thomson masterpeice

other than those things I have nothing else I want to change on the bike. I still think it rides amazing. Top tube length, and geometry is perfect for me.

Back