NWA: Llandegla - 10/10/09 AFTERMATH!!!

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Great days riding with some really nice and genuine people (Pioneers of NWA!). The trails were excellent and well worth another visit at a later date. The alpinestars rode fantastic, really enjoyed getting it muddy once more, i'd also forgotten just how well they climb as it never lost traction all day. Hope we can all do this again soon.

Mark

Well after a shower of late no shows we finally ended up with 10 for our first meet at Llandegla ,weather was dry and bright(ish) trails were in good form if fairly busy and everyone (I think )had a good time, Mr K bacon baps were as good as ever ,so many thanks to all who turned up both RB's and guests I'm sorry but I'm crap with names for about the first fifteen rides.and those of you with piccys get posting please. cheers Dave.

A few thoughts after reflection.

- Thanks to Dave (Sidewinder) for organising the ride. It really was about time we all made an effort to get together.

- Great to see so many new faces and great old bikes. What a nice change to ride with 3 ladies too.

- Trails were excellent, some really nice flowing sections there. Will definitely make the effort to go back and explore further.

- One final thing, was there anyone on the trails who Dave didn't know?

Hope to see you all at the next NWA meet at Farleton fell near Carnforth 21/11/09.

Agreed; Great days riding with a good bunch.
After a less than promising start to the day, the weather really picked up and at times I wished I had my sunglasses.
The Saracen was great fun to ride and it was great to see some nice people and some nice bikes, even though half of them seemed to come from my home town. :roll: :)
We'll have to form an NWA Macclesfield sub-section...

I'll get some pictures up as soon as I've downloaded them off my phone.

Oh and by the way... The 99p wheels weren't worth the extra 45 minutes on my return journey.

Get some pics up please, Ive been wanting to do Llandegla for ages now, I drive past it most days when working but have never been :cry: Couldn't make this one as i had an evening appointment with Mr Carlsberg and my nieces 18th birthday bash :cry:

I only had my phone camera with me and only took a few photos because I was having too much fun riding.
But here they are:
(Someone please tell me which names I can't remember or have got wrong)

NWA-Llandegla-1.jpg

The NWA Pioneers:
L to R - Stally, Sam, Drystonepaul, Sidewinder, M-trax, Dan, Alana, Matt, Sinnett177 (plus Sarah behind the camera)

NWA-Llandegla-2.jpg

Let faffing commence!

NWA-Llandegla-3.jpg

Sidewinder knows everyone at Llandegla.

L to R - Stally, Matt, Drystonepaul, Sidewinder, M-trax, M-trax other half, Alana, erm... Dave Yates? (what was his name again?), Sinnett177

M-Trax other half = Dan

Dave Yates = Matt.

I had a good day out and throughly enjoyed myself. Hopefully persuaded my friends to sign up here too (on the Saracen Killistar, and Dave Yates).

m-trax":33a0uqxs said:
erm... Dave Yates? (what was his name again?)
That would be me... :)

I had a thoroughly good day out - was made to feel very welcome and found that there are other people like me who resist the march of technology. Oh, and that burger was worth the wait!

I mentioned on the ride that I had an amusing accident caught on camera - hereit is. I think it was 1996, back when I'd only had it about 4 years. Fixed up by Dave Yates, even got a discount for sending him the vid!
Unfortunately no sound, but you can probably imagine the laughter...

Back