Just a quick intro

N10S

Dirt Disciple
I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member. I am 48 and have been biking since 1963, and have been in love with riding since I learned to ride at age 5. I started into the MTB scene in the mid eighties before index shifting and suspension, and followed through the various fad years including biopace chainrings, chainstay brakes, etc.. . I have owned a number of Chehalis Kleins, several Fat's, early GT's, a Slingshot, Amp FS, and a variety of oddball Cannondale's.

I currently own a 98 Psycle Werks Wild Hare FS, a 2002 FSR S-Works, a mid 90's Santana Picante Tandem in finished in blue ano, a first run early vintage 94 Klein Quantum Pro in Painted Desert, a pristine 87 Raleigh Edge, an 86 Cannondale SM700. and a couple of stingrays to boot.

Well, I know its a collection that pales in comparison to a lot of folks bike collections, but it certainly drives my wife totally crazy at times! :D

Welcome!

Welcome - get your bikes pictured and in the gallery!!! I'm sure you've got valuable experiences to swap here - hey, you might even have a BOTM in that lot!!!

Neil

Pale collection? Don't think so! Bring out those Gimps and show us especially that Santana. ;)

Spikes":75eqxuku said:
Pale collection? Don't think so! Bring out those Gimps and show us especially that Santana. ;)

The gimps are sleeping. :)

Yes I'm interested in the bikes too. Welcome here.

Thanks for the replys its appreciated! I will have to get a few pics of all of the bikes posted-up. Since my stoker hates to ride, the Santana is really in great condition, and still has the nubs on the tires! At one point I had a polished Z1 bam and front disc set-up on the PIcante and that really helped slow things down in a hurry compared to the stock cantilevers.

Jeff

Hey, i am 48 in May and have been biking since 5ish, picked up mtb's in '82 after "tracking" on various old racers with cowhorn bars[and singlespeed!!] around the local woods, worlds apart but the same in cahoots!

justbackdated":2jp4yvhf said:
Hey, i am 48 in May and have been biking since 5ish, picked up mtb's in '82 after "tracking" on various old racers with cowhorn bars[and singlespeed!!] around the local woods, worlds apart but the same in cahoots!

Synchronicity eh..? I have my first ride indelibly etched in my brain. I had just mastered the art of balance, steering and braking...well the braking part was a little lagging and I ran head-on into a square-edged concrete drainage ditch and landed on the stem with the boys. I remember the horrified neighbor lady coming to my aid. I am not sure I could handle one of those these days!!! I also spent time on a 40's vintage 26" balloon tired bike in the late 60's. It was a hand-me down gift from a neighbor and was a really ugly girls bike with a horn button on the downtube. I rode that sucker all over though, and of course never got racked in the process! :LOL:

Back