b"O"b's Orange Aluminium Elite*finished result*

Re: decals

hurin76":31ycizif said:
if you wanna club together to get decals..mail me... ;)

Progress has been slow in recent weeks on project 'elite' :(

The wheel building hit a snag when the 32h Campag Atek rims I brought off ebay turned out to be 36h rims instead.
A big thankyou to daveaasmith for sorting me out with a 36h M732 XT wheelset :cool: ..... the next installment should show my wheel building efforts.

Thanks for the advice on stripping anodising Jimi. I'll be doing this on the seatpost soon.

The graphic proof for the alistalk/ stalk / hotrod decals has finally been completed and I have PM'ed gil_m about getting sets of decals made up from these.

Anyone else interested in getting any of these decals made up?

Here's the stem/ bar graphic proof. The 'elite' are on the previous page.

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

Attachments

• retrobikeStalk.jpg
    retrobikeStalk.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 2,538
Hi y'all

.... been a long time since I've posted any progress on my 'bargin' elite. :oops:
Thanks to RichardC for his time and patience in showing me how to build wheels and daveasmith for the correct 36h hubs, I now have a tasty set of M732XT hubs on NOS campagnolo Atek 36h rims.
There's no better way of understanding the 'black art' of wheel building than building a set for yourself from scratch. These were laced '3 cross' using DT swiss spokes. The lengths of the spokes were calculated using the DT swiss 'spoke calculator'.
The wheels have the correct rubber handled skewers and are shod in a NOS smoke/dart combo.

The Syncros post (31.6x 425mm) was black anodised and was stripped using a dustbin of caustic soda solution and a wire wool/autosol polish.
Reproduction graphics and an orange flite finish it off nicely

The graphics are ready to go on sometime in the next couple of weeks, a little bit of finishing....then I'm done. :cool:

BTW... Gil_m now has vector files for the Elite/"O"/stalk graphics. Any one that is after these to complete their 'elite' should PM him for more details.

Thanks all.... keep posted

boy"O"boy

Attachments

• 100_0174 (1000x750).jpg
    100_0174 (1000x750).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 2,317
  • 100_0172 (1000x750).jpg
    100_0172 (1000x750).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2,318
  • 100_0176 (800x600).jpg
    100_0176 (800x600).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,318
  • 100_0175 (800x600).jpg
    100_0175 (800x600).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 2,317
Looking forward to seeing it finished b'O'b.

Thinking of getting an alu Orange in the future. Which would you recommend between the Elite and the 'O'? :?

brocklanders023":2fuk8dcv said:
Looking forward to seeing it finished b'O'b.

Thinking of getting an alu Orange in the future. Which would you recommend between the Elite and the 'O'? :?

Cheers guys.

Tough call that one. :D .... the elite is much lighter, mine weighs in at about 23lbs with period correct M732XT groupset..... and that polished finish looks great :cool:

My stealth black "O" is the one I'd not part with. Not only is it a blast to ride.... it is specced exactly how I had it 17 years ago!.... and it has a lot of sentimental value to me.

I'd go with what you can get it the right size. Mine are all 17" frames.... just my preference. E2/E3/E4 could be another option.

Cheers,
Boy"O"boy

Kewl Build Free Bump lots of hard work

Keep it Real

Wayne

Bump

Attachments

• bump.jpg
    bump.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 2,020
Back