East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

I know the feeling about dodgy seatposts :shock: This was Dalby earlier this year. Had to ride 2 hours like this:LOL:

3761752658_6345d3a716_b.jpg

unocogero":298g13js said:
Changed light list...

Orange71 - Yes
Dr Tony - on order
Dr Colin - unknown
Rc200ti - on order?
unocogero - Yes and on order and can loan a light
Khane - Yes
Perry - unknown
Simon (Ed's mate) - on order
John (Rob's mate) - unknown
Cherrybomb - unknown

Mine have left Hong Kong :D It took 4 days from 'shipped' to departure from HK.

Done an hour round the pines 16:32 singlespeed. It felt good but I can feel my accident injuries now :( Glorious morning, car park full, but saw 2 people during the ride :? :?

At least it means that even on a busy Saturday the woods still feel like I own them ;) Ger orf my land!

I've managed to get the old Cayeye halogens working for the time being. I thought they was knackered, but turned out it was only the charger. :D

Maybe not up to 900 lumin LED standards, but they work OK for the speeds I ride at at night.

Two things:
Who shot you in the knee?
Pink and orange is an interesting combination. :D

Another:
The light is great.

Orange71 - Yes
Dr Tony - on order
Dr Colin - yes
Rc200ti - on order
unocogero - Yes and on order and can loan a light
Khane - Yes
Perry - looking into
Simon (Ed's mate) - on order
John (Rob's mate) - unknown
Cherrybomb - yes

Dr Colin's been in touch and he's ready for a night ride. Looking good :D

orange71":5982vsqd said:
here's a shot from tonight's ride with the new light. I swear it's as good as a car's headlight on dipped beam, but less yellow. :shock:

spa0729.jpg

Looks good, still waiting. :cry: Got a missed parcel today but I don't want to get my hopes up...bet its the plug adaptor instead!

Need to get out and ride. Having a crappola week at work and it's only tuesday!

Have you all seen this?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=75164

Not sure what to do about this. If nobody else fancies it, I think I could do the role, or at least most of it, but I think I would appreciate a strong deputy.

Let's look at the minimum activity levels:

Typical minimum activities level required from each AEC and Deputy:

1. Regular local ride organisation and activities - 3 per year initially (can be more of course) - coordinated with/through myself.

2. Active recruiting new riders/forum participants through your area LBSs and other local cycling clubs - there will be a prize for the area that grows the most in 2010... An official RB poster will be made available to AECs.

3. Each Area to ride/support with at least one other official or calendarised Area event during the year.

4. There will be 'National' Retrobike status events in the RB calendar for 2010 ie. MM 10/OWMTBC 2010/Peaks Ride/Turkey Twizzler/2010 Scottish event - these events to take precedence and not clash with other local rides (where possible). Each Area group to try to attend/support one of the 2010 national events.

5. Inter area banter and activity of pretty much any level is to be encouraged eg. Bike Show away days/accommodation/Xmas dinners/Quiz nights etc.

OK - I can do No.1, shouldn't be a problem - we did Chatsworth, numerous Ticknall, Sherwood Pines. Peaks, Long Mynd, Hanforth Woods is an option. Plenty of scope there.

No.2 - I don't go to my LBS and am not in any club (never have been and never will be). This could be tricky as how else will be get more numbers outside of the forum?

No.3 - OK, we went to Dirty Big Weekender and helped out there. Can't see a problem with NE or NW meets.

No. 4 - OK can do one or two of those.

No.5 what's the pub for?! :D

Thoughts?

Happy to deputise.
I use Freewheel in Nottingham and have done for 20 years on and off, generally for purchases, not maintenance. They put up a poster for the ssuk weekend for me and I can't see them being anything other than co-operative. I also frequent a little lbs in Ashby that is manned by a couple of aging roadies. What about Evans in Nottingham? I've seen Dieter (?) in there a couple of times but not recently, not exactly your LBS though.

On with the Kona build. Absolute mare not cross-threading or stripping the headset and the rear mech holder. Cables and chain and I'm there :D

Will photo before it gets scratched and dirty on Sunday.

Happy to be the deputy deputiser in the event of overworkloadissues etc for the leader or deputy. ;)

The big issue is recruitment and as Ed says, hanging tough with your local bike shop (which I don't really do either) is a bit of a pain.

More people would be great but do we risk it becoming an MTB club. I think we are all here because we are not the kind of people who join clubs and organisations. In reality we are lone riders who have found a nice bit of company and comradeship.

It's more about friendship than organisation I suppose!

Still more members the better and if it helps boost numbers I'll support it and you two to the hilt :)

Latest posts

Back