Kielder Octoberfest Race. RB Team Entries Wanted 10th Oct

Blimey, that sounded hellish, bet you have a sense of achievement though !

Very well done guys, hats off to you ;)

Hellish is not a strong enough word Velo. I though I would never make a full lap let alone all three. The last downhill to the start finish was so rough I lost the feeling in my hands. I have never wanted a bike to break as much in my life- (un)fortunately it held out and I had to go round again and try again.

Sounds like a good day fellas, well done to you all. Sad that I missed it but NWA duty called ;)

Brutal. Way harder than I thought it'd be, but glad I did it, even though ultimately I was 2nd last :D :oops:

Si pretty much hit it on the head, and Andy made the point that there is something not quite right when you are actually looking forward to the climbs so you can get a break. I'll never complain about how rocky Glentress Black is after riding Kielder.

I think I'll be sticking to retro meets for the foreseeable future.

well done lads, great effort from everyone ESP andy and zz, pretty murder course and even though I did just one lap body is feeling it. Was pretty pissed about the flat but kind of glad my front brakes died! My thoughts on enduro events will have to change- did enjoy the banter with big eck on our more sedate river run. Cheers kaiser for getting us down and back and massive respect to the ne massive who claimed the title today- well in andy and si :cool:

zigzag":23sk8p1r said:
Brutal. Way harder than I thought it'd be, but glad I did it, even though ultimately I was 2nd last :D :oops:

I think you were far from last Aaron, there were still stragglers coming through the finish as I drove past over an hour after you came in.
Just doing the 3 laps was a huge acheivement, something you should be mighty proud of matey.
Feeling shite this morning, aching so much it has kept me awake most of the night.

That sounds fantastic, sorry i missed it now :LOL:

Seriously well done guys, sounds like i would have chucked it early, the talk of being glad and wishing stuff would break reminds me of when my crank broke at Dalby, thank god for that i thought :LOL: , though this is not a reflection on the race more down to me being unfit and unprepared.

well i had a good day , my fingers are swollen from the cantis not working :LOL: and after me and gazz done a 12 mile round trip through the woods and now my arse is killing me ;) . hats off to all you guys that managed 2 or 3 laps ! it was just too much for the auld massif to cope with , well that and i was scared i was going to bend the back wheel on it :D

if anyones up for it next year (just a 1 lap piss about) then i'm up for it , plus the money goes to a good cause................

oktoberfest

Hells Bells that was tough , It didnt help that I couldnt use bottom gear for half the event, due to chain suck. What was great was my girls with GO DAD signs cheering me on the last descent and the Retro lads reception for me at the pub when I finished. After all the s##t I have been through it meant a lot ,cheers lads.

Back