Khane - Yes
Perry - unknown
Simon (Ed's mate) - on order
John (Rob's mate) - unknown
Cherrybomb - unknown

Have I forgotten anyone?

Correct?

STOP.
I only mentioned fitness in the Long Mynd post because the ability to enjoy a day ride in this area is my fitness target.
The Long Mynd / Stiperstones / Hope Bowdler / Caer Caradoc gave me some of the best day rides I've ever enjoyed, and between 50 and 80K the usual distance. I couldn't do this distance over this terrain now and I probably never will but I feel that I can ride here now and have a great time.
I'm looking forward to it and the thought of it will help to get me out in the cold, dark and wet .

Hey my lights have been shipped :D 7 -10 days?

if you put the tracking ref into the link they gave you and it says left Hong Kong - then mine arrived within 2 days of that! Whole process was 18 days start to finish.

Have discovered a useful function of the light - it is what's called regulated which means it runs at a constant brightness throughout the battery life. There is a little glowing LED that is also the mode switch that normally glows green, but it turns red when the battery is nearly gone. Handy.

May be going to for short night ride tonight just to try it out properly :D

Changed light list...

Orange71 - Yes
Dr Tony - on order
Dr Colin - unknown
Rc200ti - on order?
unocogero - Yes and on order and can loan a light
Khane - Yes
Perry - unknown
Simon (Ed's mate) - on order
John (Rob's mate) - unknown
Cherrybomb - unknown

Mine have left Hong Kong :D It took 4 days from 'shipped' to departure from HK.

Done an hour round the pines 16:32 singlespeed. It felt good but I can feel my accident injuries now :( Glorious morning, car park full, but saw 2 people during the ride :? :?

At least it means that even on a busy Saturday the woods still feel like I own them ;) Ger orf my land!

I feel a pattern emerging .

When I did the UKsinglespeed earlier in the year on my dmr the following week I snapped a rail on my slr seat ; pretty sure it was due to the silly off as it made a squeek after that . It was on a nice bit of local bridal way that you can hammer along quite quickly where i felt it ping .

well today on the same section of this Earth I took the Kona out for a pedal after doing the viking challenge last Sunday . The flight I have on it felt a bit strange , like it was tilting back too far so I stopped and had a gander ; yep I was right , its managed to somehow move on its splined post , so out came the multi tool . As soon as I started to loosen the bolt it sheared dumping the seat and some clamp bits on the deck !

Balls

I then had to ride about 5 miles home stood up making sure I didn't lose the seat I had jammed into the empty bottle cage .

I also found a broken spoke in the rear wheel this morning and a week ago had to change a pedal as I managed to bend an axle ; only slightly mind , but bent just enough to move my foot out to a squiffy angle and give me a sore knee .

I currently don't have any lights but I'm looking at some dirt cheap ones on the bay as i hope to sort out a road bike this winter and I'll be needing some for that .

here's a shot from tonight's ride with the new light. I swear it's as good as a car's headlight on dipped beam, but less yellow. :shock:

spa0729.jpg

Back