Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
four_sleeping_in%20crate2.jpg

Awwwww.....

A few have tried to make a case on STW but the UK media and gov't have successfully managed to convince the general public that employees taking a stand is not right and proper.

mtbfix":2yfm6opo said:
A few have tried to make a case on STW but the UK media and gov't have successfully managed to convince the general public that employees taking a stand is not right and proper.

Right on Brother

So far the Local London strikes have cost me a set of race face cranks and I am a little worried about I flite saddle and HED wheel that are meant to be findin there way to me.

Really not impressed.

I really dont undersand why they are doing this :?

I do not want to see RM privatised, it's a public service. But the way they are going on goverment will probably just sell it off quick as it's already loosing money.

Can you imagine a privatised mail service accepting this? No they would want you to pack it in their "disignated approved" boxes which cost 9billion pounds and then when you try and post it they will tell you to bog off because you used the wrong parcel tape and their insuance won't cover it.

All the fun will go...

dannywhiteley's BMX
16062008508fn2.jpg

Pickles Classic!
dsc00205_972.jpg

maybe its just me? but lets strike, cause a back log, then claim overtime to clear it in the run up to christmas ;) they were saying earlier that some of them have lost between £1200 - 1400 due the restructure! bet they'll make three times that amount in over time after the strike

I think that having the ability to strike is one of the most important right you have as a working person, a right that not to long ago workers did not have, and let's remember, posties do not get paid that much in the first place so if they vote for action as they have done, then they deserve our support. I do have my conserns about the lasting damage that action will have on the industry and this could be the stick that is used to kill off the dear old post office, I've had a nightmare with post of late but you can bet it will be worse and more expensive if it is let go by this so-called labour government- is a shame all round.

Personally I think they are taking the piss by striking - it's a f*cking recession EVERYONE is suffering. I'm employed in the construction industry and have seen entire sites laid off, the postmen striking should be lucky they have a job in the first place. I also agree with the somewhat cynical viewpoint above about doing this to grab overtime, but can't help but think they will also shoot themselves in the foot dramatically when the Royal Mail run out of money compensating everyone for their lost packages, my girlfriend has already been reinbursed for a parcel lost at £40 - a fair bit more than the cost of postage!!!! The unions can also p*ss off, as once again they are proving to be an excuse for people that feel they are hard done by and the world owes them something, certainly not why trade unions were originally created.

Sorry to rant but this sort of thing really p*sses me off!!!!

Your missing the point- there are tens of thousands of jobs threatened- what do you think they should do- just thank there lucky stars that they have a job now and prey that they will have one next year. Unions are terrible is just to simplistic a viewpoint, unions have been guilty of misuse of power but those days are long gone and remember the posties voted for this action. I hope that management and the cwu get things sorted soon.

Back