1990 Marin Eldridge Grade - NeonYellow&NeonPinkSplatter!

The colour is indeed beautiful but there is a downside to this neon thing. If you don't take great care of this special lacquer there will be some horrible fading.
Every second project up on this site is newly powdercoated which looks superb most of the time...but i have the strong feeling if i ever have to respray my frame it would be not even near the original way.
Here i have a example of what can happen. Pay attention to the right side of the handlebar in the following picture. There is a little bit of non faded paint..the rest of this poor Marin Muirwoods is nearly white. This thing was offered me for 5 Euros but i couldn't buy it. I would have cried every time i looked at it.
By the way i have the nearly impossible dream to get the whole Marin Neon Familiy together one day. That includes the Muirwoods, the Sausalito and the Hidden Canyon. If somebody can help me with that i would be thankful.

Attachments

• radl6.jpg
    radl6.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8,247
I had a similar Eldridge - badly faded under a tropical sum as I bought it when I lived in Singapore. It's now repainted and the Mother-in-law is (n't) riding it...

@hamster: Pics :!: or it didn't happen. ;)
How did you repaint it? Original splatter paint again or a different colour?
Shipping cost from Singapore must be horrible.

I lived in Singapore at the time, so I just saved the bus fare and rode it home :D

I just went for a flat colour, not the splatter. 12 years in 90% humidity had taken its toll and the paintwork was totally shot with rust bubbling all over it, so it wasn't retrievable.

However, it was surprising how much of the fluoro came back with T-Cut and rubbing compound- it might be worth a try.

Need to get it back from the mother in law since she doesn't ride the damn thing. :evil: :roll:

I've got one with almost original parts:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Picture has disappeared, but here it's:

pbpic2231391.jpg

@hamster: Thank god my paint still looks nice, fresh and juicy..not like that sorry Muirwoods i showed in the last picture. So who ever bought it will have to try the rub-a-dub..and then cry bitter tears ;-)
And now get your bike back! :roll:

@yedi: Do you still go up the mountains with your Eldridge Grade?
If you are looking for pedals maybe i could help you out..still got one original right LX Pedal with the black body. I read your thread about your bike. Great lookout with the fishing equipment. I will keep that in mind. :!:

Just for few time I have gone for single track riding with that bike. Unfortunately we don't have mountains any more, since ice age smoothed them to a hills. :cry:

I got LX pedals for that bike, but that picture is from the time when I was building the bike and some parts were not yet installed.

@yedi: The ice age sucks. :twisted:
If you ever think about selling your beauty please knock on my door. Yours has this original look that mine will never get back.

Back