'93 Koga Miyata TiRunner (finished bottom p.2)

yes i did thanx to your vintage site that i visit to find out about the tirunner
i got the virus hahaha :D thanx but i bought a koga-miyata with the screwed on rear in alloy, i think it could be a explosion, but i am not quiet shure wich year,it has an xc51 front fork wich has passed away/needs work and some
stx and grip shifters on it wich i dont think are original, it has black lugs with blank alloy tubes :D
unfourtionatly the bike is on the other side of the country atm at a friends house i will have it in a few weeks then i post pics ;)

p.s.sorry for using your space gt girl ;)

There were 2yrs bonded Explosion. The 1994 one came with red metallic tubing in front triangle, polished tubing in tail and black lugs. The Marzocchi XC51 is often seen on those bikes, but initially it came with a SR Duotrack forks. I understood that customers unhappy with the performance of their forks simply got the Marzocchi from Koga. Moreover you find STX SE and ITM cockpit. The 2nd year, 1995, the Explosion was all blue metallic. Marzocchi Zokes forks, LX/XT and again ITM supplied the cockpit.

Both Explosions were all aluminium. There was no such thing as an aluminium Koga with polished tubing and black lugs. For 1993 there was one with polished tubing, but with pink lugs :)

Maybe it is an '94 Explosion with paint stripped off the tubes in main triangle?

Zaskar Girl":9fho3oyv said:
I would too :D

But the only spare sadle I had, was this old red one.

Think I'm gonne search for a black seatpost. Found a couple on Ebay, I I'm searching for a 28.6 without setback.

theres a bbb skyscraper in 26.8 without setback ;) the are not the lightest but arent to expensive too ;)

Oh please, no BBB on a retro bike... :cry:

Take a look at CRC they have a syncros lookalike in very different sizes.

Zaskar Girl":1lhp3maf said:
Almost finished:

Who said: Girls can't build nice bikes???? :cool:

IMG_1634-1.jpg

is that a m730 crankset?

New updates:

8sp shifters, Avid-V-brakes and different sadle.
I know, the v-brakes are non retro, but I really needed some brake-power.

is that a m730 crankset?
Nope, don't thinks so. And it aint the original LX crank. (left crank is the original LX)

What's more to say:
Aint she a beauty (almost as beautifull as my little Zaskar :p )

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

Back