oooh! That looks like mountain country :shock: :shock:

What about a ride round the Fens ;) :LOL:

No hills :LOL:

Attachments

• 305837923_23bb92a414.jpg
    305837923_23bb92a414.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 627
rc200ti":g3akjqdr said:
I'm looking forward to a group ride as well. Haven't been to the Pines for a while.
Can't wait to ride the long single track bridleway from Ticknall that runs down through the small wood , on a cold, clear night.

Cherrybomb: what part of Shropshire are you from?
Ed, Mat, everyone: Is the Long Mynd too far for a group day out?

I'm based in Shrewsbury (at the weekend only these days) but used to live right under the Long Mynd. In the summer I'd be out bustin' lungs three or four times a week.

That photo brought a tear to the eye. :cry:

As for a weekend ride. It takes me about 2 1/4 hours to get to Shrewsbury from Grantham if that's any help. It's a bit of an arse of a journey, some Muppet built Nottingham in the way! :roll:

Hi Ho lads and indeed perry too, how did you get on with your new far east lights, anyone got a verdict yet?

BTW, sinnett is doing a run "up north" in novemeber and it would be grand to see some of you fellas- check out the rides section ;)

yes seen the ride Mark is offering - that was my first ever mountain bike ride. May have to seriously consider it.

I have my far east light - not used in the very dark yet, but it seems well made and very bright. Have used it on flash mode for commutes in dim light. Gets you noticed :shock: :LOL:

its only 346 miles round trip for me so no bother- would be great to see you Orangedude- might need the lights if the ride takes any longer!

hang on - just realised it's the weekend after the Real Ale Wobble - two passports in two weeks is a no-goer :( Have committed to the Wobble (as per past 12 years :shock: )

used to live right under the Long Mynd

Brilliant.
I used to ride the Long Mynd in the early 90's, so my route knowlege is very rusty, as is my fitness. Lung-busting certainly comes to mind, as do fantastic downhills.

You're right about the journey. I reckon on 1 hour 40 from Ashby, cos the last 20 miles can take time.

This is going to be one that will be worth waiting for. :D so no rush.

Back