1998 GT STS-DH Lobo Full Build

Here's a couple of pics of where I'm at.

CIMG2579.jpg

CIMG2580.jpg

CIMG2581.jpg

CIMG2582.jpg

CIMG2578.jpg

Still need to set the chain guide up properly. I've only hand tightened everything at the moment so I can get the chainline running perfect. But its starting to come together. Didn't get chance to sort the hoses out yet. Will keep you posted on future developments

Looks pretty cool :cool:

Thanks for the comments guys. Alain yep I know what you mean :shock: but I certainly don't intend taken this down Cwmcarn. It will be used but I really really don't want to damage this frame. I know it was designed for hurtling down the side of a hill but I have something a little more sedate in mind.

Here's the spec sheet of the bike as it stands. It's most definitely going to change before too long. Forks and wheels are my main concern. I am on the look out and will post an update asap.

Frame: 1998 GT STS Lobo DH Small, Bonded Carbon fibre thermoplastic/aluminum

Fork: Marzocchi Junior T's with 170mm Travel
Rear Shock: Rock Shox Coupe Deluxe Yank, 6.5" travel

Headset: Hope Industries Anodised Red with Head Doctor
Stem: Azonic Equalizer
Handlebar: FSA Carbon Pro Low Riser
Grips: Toxsin Lock-on

Brakes: Hope Enduro 4
Brake Pads: OEM Hope Sintered
Brake Cables: Hope Hose Black
Brake Discs: Hope 203mm Rear, 160mm Front
Disc Adapter: Therapy Components?????? (not sure as it came with frame)
Brake Levers: Hope Enduro 4
Frame Hose Guides: Hope Silver

Shifters: Shimano XT SL-M750 9 Speed Rear
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M960
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT
Cassette: Shimano XT M770 9 Speed
Chain: Shimano HG73 9 Speed
Cranks: Adventure Components AC 7075-T6 175mm
Crank Bolts: Brand-X M8 Self Extracting Anodised Red
Chainrings: Adventure Components AC Holeshot 42T 110 BCD
Chain Guide: Adventure Components AC Pro Guide
Chainring Bolts: Brand-X 7075 Alloy Red
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN73 73mm x 122mm
Pedals: Shimano M424 SPD/Platform (looking for some nice red M636's)

Hub Skewers: X-Lite Front and Rear Red

Temporary Wheelset until I source something a bit more suitable
Rims: Bontrager Race Disc Tubeless
Hubs: Bontrager Race Disc
Nipples: Brass
Spokes: Stainless steel, 14ga. (2.0mm) straight gauge

Saddle: WTB Speed V
Seatpost: USE Sumo 31.6 x 300mm
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite Red

Weight: :shock:

Not really all that interested in the weight weenies thing, but considering this is a DH bike the weight is comparable to my Spesh FSR

I would love a set of D521's 6 bolt pattern but got to be in Red, of course :cool: . There's a couple on ebay at the moment that I'm looking at BUT if anyone on here were to offer a fellow GT obsessed junkie with something then I would most definitely consider it ;)

The disc adapter has got to go for something a little bit more ungainly looking, anyone with any experience of the types that fit (properly) the Lobo please get in touch.

I've a pair of RED Hope Bulbs, front 20mm, rear 12mm bolt through on D521CD's. Well the front is, the rear had the rim taken off as it was cracked. BUT I do have another D521CD currently attached to a XT hub (which needs stripping and re-greasing). I'll be taking the rim off the hub anyhow and karma it out (hub not rim).
I was going to keep them and get the rim built onto the rear Hope for a build I may be doing.
If however they be of use, I'd sell.
I'd rather see them go on a build like this than hang around in my bike shed on the off chance they may be used.
Up to you. Pics can be sorted if needed.

Back