Kielder Octoberfest Race. RB Team Entries Wanted 10th Oct

zigzag":2v0ry8le said:
Rear mech not right - long boring story involving taking it apart months ago, then mixing up the parts with another mech and not being able to put it back together quite right. Own stupid fault really.

Also turns out 3 of the rings on my old cassette were worn so bad the chain was skipping - didn't find this out till last night - was able to replace two of the rings, but not the 3rd.

Close but no cigar, my own stupid fault really, I really left it too late.

thats the retro bike way- you have settled in very well young padawan!

big.eck":1991vytg said:
nae bother , offer still stands , i have 7,8 and 9 speed cassettes lying on the shelf.... :D

if you have a 8 speed going spare, then i'd be up for that, need one for the univega ;)

just did "map my ride" for todays jaunt and it came in at 51.9 km in 3.5 hrs- that goat better be fast Si, be afraid, be very afraid- the lip-gloss-meister is gonna get you! :twisted: :twisted:

clockworkgazz":2ga3tmlj said:
just did "map my ride" for todays jaunt and it came in at 51.9 km in 3.5 hrs- that goat better be fast Si, be afraid, be very afraid- the lip-gloss-meister is gonna get you! :twisted: :twisted:
Well, no need for trail snacks this weekend, I'll be munching on Gazz's dust. Were you single speeding btw?

no, been on the trusty orange, kind of liking the gears :roll: :oops:

And don't be to modest, you can turn a crank with the best of them- that's why I'll be putting a stick in yer spokes :twisted:

clockworkgazz":1o4s3j3o said:
big.eck":1o4s3j3o said:
nae bother , offer still stands , i have 7,8 and 9 speed cassettes lying on the shelf.... :D

if you have a 8 speed going spare, then i'd be up for that, need one for the univega ;)

i'll bring it on saturday............. :cool:

clockworkgazz":11t0o293 said:

That's pretty good going Gash. Looking at the times of the last 54km Kielder race a time of 3:30ish would have got you in the top twenty (out of 70ish).
Im hoping there are not many fireroad climbs as they do my head in so much I just walk. Hopefully there will be lots of flowing techy downhill singletrack that I can whip yo asses on :LOL:

To be fair si it was mainly fire roads not particularly hilly so I expect to be slower maybe 4 hours if nothing goes wrong, think there are some nice singltrack sections, using a part of the lonesome pine trail however if the route goes to the top and the boards section then there will be some climbing to be done as it peaks at 1000ft. My aim I'd to finish then I'll be happy.

Did you get the birthday thing sorted or are you sleeping in the van?

Today, I are mostly accessorising my Kielder race face with my new RB long sleeve jersey :twisted:

raceface.jpg

Sorry, nae lip gloss I'm afraid.

Back