East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

rc200ti":1r0emp65 said:
I'm still intending to do the Caythorpe Chase on the 18th. Got a ride in at Ticknall last weekend, and am looking forward to getting my lights. As soon as I have these I'll try and get back to mid week rides.
Work has been frantic of late so no opportunities to bunk off early.
The Christmas ride at Cannock has been posted for the 27th, which could be good.

Knowledge is wasted unless shared

Well said.

I would commit to Caythorpe but after the Thetford illness/debacle I'm reluctant to let anyone else down!

Can I enter on the day?

Can I enter on the day?

Yes. It costs a couple of quid more.
Cleaning bits for the Kona at present. Have a problem getting a jockey wheel pin out of a Suntour XC Pro rear mech, I've rounded the allen bolt. Next step it hammer and mole wrench... I have a spare pin from the original XC Ltd mech.
Would like to get the Kona ready for Caythorpe, not too aggresive for a first time out.

If it's not too hilly (and we are going gentle) I might consider retro singlespeeding it ;)

Could you hack saw a groove in the allen key bolt head and then use a flat headed screw driver?

It's not hilly (with one exception) ss would seem a very plausible option.

If the mole doesn't do it then a hacksaw is the next step, followed by keymetalling an allen key into the pin, followed by drilling it out, but I don't want to bugger the threads.

Came off the bike tonight 5 meters into the Kitchener! :shock:

Ribs, leg and lots of blood. :cry: :cry:

Couldn't even get the bike down off the car roof when I got home :!:

Ribs, leg and lots of blood

Sounds like my kind of meal :D

Sympathy, you expect sympathy? :shock: I'm just envious you were out.

Take pain-killers, mend quickly and in the meantime fettle furiously.

yikes :shock:

is this what will happen to all of us on our night rides :shock:

5m into the kitchener - you didn't ride into the entry gate did you? :LOL:

mend soon :D

Back