PreTrekers.....

midge

Retro Newbie
Anyone know what the L means in Klein 1994 serial number.....

19L 1094 493

Klein 19"....
L...could it be Fervour
Oct 94 493rd

Will post a pic leter..
Just thought someone might know.
Chap I bought it from swears it's an Attitude...me thinks not..
Cheers

If it were an Attitude, it would be a T not an L. For 1994, I think L means it's a Pulse.

If it were an Attitude, it would be a T not an L. I'm pretty sure L means it's a Pulse. Also, "1094" means October 1994 manufacturing which would make it a 1995 model.

Thanks..

It's got the pressed in BB..Portugal bearings...does that mean it's a post treker...er..?

Technically anything produced after late 1995 would have been made while Klein was owned by Trek. There are folks, including me, that still admire the bikes made up through 1996-1997 since, during that time, Klein was using up its existing inventory of various Gradient tubes and the frames still had many, if not most, of the details that Klein was famous for (integrated headsets, micro-dropouts, internal cable routing, quality welding/paintwork, etc.). Trek eventually eliminated these details one-by-one and now Klein only sells new bikes to Japan.

W/ pressed in bottom bracket and the serial number you provided, it's a 1995 model. Klein switched to a "traditional" bottom bracket in 1997.

Back