Orange Formula

I have an issue of MBI at home with a bike review of the Formula...I'll see if I can get hold of a scanner at college and download it.

A guy at the Surftracks race 1990/1991, local to Dorset had a Formula, name escapes me now, lovely bike though...

michael@orange":3ns41ggw said:
let me have the frame number, i can check with the owner of the one here and see how close it is, i'd think its one of those 5 though :)
I've pm'd you. For some reason the idea of putting the frame number directly onto an internet forum made me nervous although I've no idea why...

stevet1":1x7ys6m8 said:
michael@orange":1x7ys6m8 said:
let me have the frame number, i can check with the owner of the one here and see how close it is, i'd think its one of those 5 though :)
I've pm'd you. For some reason the idea of putting the frame number directly onto an internet forum made me nervous although I've no idea why...

'Cos I might clone your bike to add a few quid to the value of mine! :LOL:

Plot Thickening?

Back to my increasingly odd 'Formula 753' - a reputable local NW bike shop that stocked Orange BITD, suggest that Orange may not have had the accreditation to weld up 753 tubesets in the early or mid Nineties - which, if true, may well mean my frame was made elsewhere... add that to the Clockwork faded paint scheme being outsourced... does that lead the complete bike to be manufactured at Bob Jacksons maybe???? They also recalled a female team Orange rider suffering a serious injury on an all aluminium road bike - perhaps the 'Dynamo' - featured in the '93/94 catalogue (in our very own archive!) -

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... 654b8d66a2

To this day I have never seen a 'Dynamo'... was it recalled perhaps??

Morse

Kevin Winter is in Durham i believe

Not sure when he started but I've ridden a MTB built by him and it was very nice indeed!

More Thoughts

Another LBS has suggested that my '753 Formula' could be a fake...!

Which would be a bit of a weird thing to do IMO - and if it is a fake - then where the hell did they get the 'Formula' decals from...

Hope Michael can solve this mystery when he returns from the far east....

Neil

Back