Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
someone on french forum is selling this titanium IF :

here

he got a replacemment from IF .

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
cchris2lou":3kus30j9 said:
someone on french forum is selling this titanium IF :

here

he got a replacemment from IF .

Ouch, what a crack! I'm no expert in titanium fabriaction/repair but that looks tricky to repair, got to be thinking new top and seat tube :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
As an engineering nerd it's interesting to see how the crack propagated from the pinpoint flaw in the weld... :shock:

I'll get my coat...

As an engineering nerd it's interesting to see how the crack propagated from the pinpoint flaw in the weld... :shock:

I'll get my coat...

Nice frame but why the carbon rear end?

Oh, and to the untrained eye that crack looks like the frame is completely fucked!

That said, already at £270, will be interested to see what it reaches and if it is repairable.

Not being an engineering nerd ... why is it on both sides of the seat post clamp ?

Simplex":1ej121c1 said:
Not being an engineering nerd ... why is it on both sides of the seat post clamp ?

because that pinpoint flaw in the weld was magically illongated by getting hit by a large object or vice versa....

basically that dude probably got hit by a car or something.

I would say seatpost too small but that crack would run up and down pretty sure....

Back