1994 Coyote Ultralite Prototype (apparently)

THAT is very cool! Even looks similar to the rear end what with the extra bar for brake mounts and stuff.
I'll be on the lookout for one of them.

You appear to be missing a bolt and cap on that rear end:

P7301684.jpg

Now if you want a matching fork you'll need one with linkages and elastomers so it's either Girvin, Quasar or....

STA70263.jpg

STA70265.jpg

Kona Z-link (Jerky's photos)

I am aware of the missing bolt. It was missing when I got it.
It's nothing fancy. Looks like a handlebar stem bolt. Am just waiting til the right one comes along to match the rest or maybe I'll just buy one from somewhere.
Will have to source a washer from somewhere though.

And that Z link fork looks nice, apart from the steerer that looks like it's 2ft long :LOL:

If anyone knows where's theres one (or one like the lawwil mentioned earlier) available, point me that way!

Agreed, Manitou or Pace will simply not do on this frame, it must be a linkage design, but personally I don't think the Amp fork will look right. Lawill Leader or Kona fork will be best.

As I said in the sales thread, Kona Zlinks. (as seen here on my old explosif (bike & forks long gone now)

STA70274.jpg

STA70276.jpg

Not that you will ever find a set for sale :p

The Z-Links look great, but according to the 1993 catalogue they have a very short a-c length of 40cm, as they were made for Kona's 1993 frames that were not suspension-adjusted. If so, they'd be too short for a suspension-adjusted frame.

I assume that's why they're so rare and Kona didn't offer them in 1994 (when the frames were suspension-adjusted and they offered Marzocchi forks), although the fact that they're a Joe Murray design and he left Kona around then may have had something to do with it.

It's a Smokestone rear end from about 94 or 95, I remember these as being around about the same time as Ozone bikes.......

Have an ad in one of me old mags somewhere

boxxer":ffpfbdlk said:
It's a Smokestone rear end from about 94 or 95, I remember these as being around about the same time as Ozone bikes.......

Have an ad in one of me old mags somewhere

Ah, now I remember. I saw on at one of the trade shows with that rear end on one of their estay bikes! Thanks

Back