My Coyote HT5 Ultralite build

my old coyote project dame that big was nice shame its a 19" frame and not 17" like it said on the add when i got it orignaly ow well glad its gone to a good home i sold it on ebay last september its kawaski green and was done by aerocoat in suffolk :cool: :cool:

We used to stock these frames in our shop, I remeber them being VERY light (or at least light for what I was used to dealing with). Never seen one built up as they always seem to go out frame only via mail order.

The guy from Coyote, Steve Fenton, used to come to the shop and I always remember the time I made him a microwave donna kebab (his request) and he snapped his tooth on it because the bread was tough and he was due to fly to the far east the next day so couldnt get in at the dentist.. oops.

..the good old days.

Thought it was your project but good now that I know for sure :) ...it has deffo got a good home now though, been putting it to good use. A 17" might suit me a little better as there is only about 6 inches of seatpost outside the tube...but I have to say it is a superb ride...I would not class myself as a fit rider...but I can power up hills where my other mates stop and push up...and I think that is mainly due to the weight. I weighed it in (crudely, on the scales, by subtracting my weight and holding the bike!) and it came out at 20.5lb...so happy with that!

If I am honest I have not had the cash to buy a decent seatpost or chainset, but that can wait, to me it's not all about having the best anyway, just having a good useable bike :)

Sounds like fun racedoctor. :)

Alien Cyclops Carbon seatpost now added :D Just chainset and BB to go then I will be happy :)

seatposta.jpg

seatpost2a.jpg

Just weighed in...9KG = 19.8lb - which I think is quite light? How do people weigh their bikes on here? Mine is pretty crude - weight myself, then myself with bike and then subtract my weight! So probably not very accurate.

Latest posts

Back