1989 & 1992 Marin Bear Valley, 1990 Team Issue

Bri957cc

Old School Hero
I had one of these from new and kept it for for 10 years, Was a superb bike and coped with everything I threw at it...other than the Volvo that put it out of action forever.

Had a search set up on ebay for a couple of years now, trying to find one in the same frame size. Finally picked this up yesterday. All seems quite straight, and not too much rust.

The seat post is too big for the frame, and jammed in, will have to get it out somehow. The front wheel, brake levers, derailleur, seat post and pedals are not right, so will have to be sorted. Already started browsing ebay for bits, had a Sella San Marco Rolls seat back in the 90's so may get another of those or I also like these:

http://www.sellesanmarco.it/en/Vintage/ ... corsa.html

Not sure if I will re-do the frame as it was, fancy doing everything on the bike being black, either powdercoated of anodized.

DSCF0723.jpg

DSCF0724.jpg

DSCF0726.jpg

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0728.jpg

DSCF0729.jpg

DSCF0730.jpg

DSCF0731.jpg

DSCF0732.jpg

DSCF0733.jpg

DSCF0734.jpg

DSCF0735.jpg

DSCF0736.jpg

Lovely Bike you have there. I like the idea of putting on only black parts. For a second i thought i could help you out with one pedal..but i have only a working right one but it's with the black body instead of silver...
If it was mine i would put the golden decals back on after podercoating and try to get some golden Ringlé skewers. Voilà - the perfect bike :)
Cheers
Adam

Without sounding patronising are you sure it's the wrong seatpost size instead of the post being bonded to the frame (from rust). Either way a vice will be able to free it up. Or you can see Sheldon Brown's website (google it) for lots of good tips on removing stuck seatposts, most are good advice on his list.

Good luck with the build!

I appreciate the advice to be honest, I'll have a look at the website suggested.

Does anyone has the standard spec list for one of these?

Be good to know what was supposed to be fitted, as well as know what else will fit.

Cheers Bri

Back