2007 clockwork with custom F8 forks, UPDATED pics Page 4

Hey, thats pretty convincing retro. The only parts really bugging me are the pedals, i'd look at the new DX flats MX30 sweet new pedals, not that I've got any yet but might get some for me Prestige unless I go all toe clip mud catching with it. Over all a nice retro theme, perhaps yeah could do with a bit more of a theme/ continuity, I only say that as I'm slowly very slowly collecting parts for my Prestige. :)

Should be a nice riding bike I expect, best of both worlds?

sweet build, i love those RI clockworks, a local bike shop has one in the basement in 21", i'm tempted to try it for fit, even though i really shouldn't be buying one i'm really tempted!

Love your Clockwork fingers. As I said before, I'd like to build mine up with a mix like yours (that's when I finally get round to building it :oops: ).

What travel do your Pace have? Was thinking of RC39's for mine.

It's just that these frames were made for 100mm ideally. How does it ride with 70mm? Thought about going up to 130 with mine cos there's lots of RC40/41's on the market. It's a good show if these frames can run between 70 to 130mm without turning to jelly. :cool:

With 70 mm it does dart into the corners nicely, but still seems nice and stable.

The highish front means the front wheel isnt to loaded so it seems to go well. And a short stem (130 :LOL: :LOL: ) well, not a 150, works well :cool:

For an encore, Im up to no good with a set of rigid forks and some paint...

Hmmm...

Watch this space

[

]

I wish mine looked as new as yours, it's a bit battle scared now!

SDC10397.jpg

The retro parts i've got are a Deore xt shark fin, the remake Pananracer Smoke and Dart combo, Clear grips from the 90's and a Settle italia Flight saddle.

I've been running 130mm Pace RC41 Factorys and love the handling of the bike.

:)

Back