Dyna tech build

yeah my one was kitted out with full x-lite kit and mavic sup rims on hope hubs , it was definately light by some of todays bikes, this one i have now felt like i was just picking up a wheel of my marin full sus, im hopin with some shrewd searching i can get it kitted out the way i had my first one , resto start pic is in my thread close by this one ,

the frame felt heavy even when it had nothing on it. wish i had weighed it. might strip it an weigh it tomorrow. some parts are heavy tho, like the steel seatpost and pedals :LOL: :LOL:

Glad this frame went to a good home ( I had to stop myself buying it a few times ) it doesn't matter how lite it builds up, its all about the ride ;)

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Great site by the way.

I've also have the same bike, all standard. Just stopped riding it the last few weeks as I've bought myself the new Mtrax HT 2.0.

Had the Dyna-Tech over ten years and I think its time for a resto on mine now as its getting a bit tatty. Still a great solid bike to ride.

If anyone is interested I'll try post some pictures up of the Dyna-Tech and the Mtrax.

I have a Giant XTC2 with carbon bars, carbon seat post and rear triangle on frame being carbon. I've also spend loads on a lightweight stem, seat etc etc and the Dyna tech is still waaaaay lighter, and thats with all standard parts! I'll weigh the two and put the results on here so you can see the difference.

yea get them weighed :cool: i weighed mine, and it was like 28 lbs!! My ideas for this bike have changed again :roll: its gonna be a single speed now, with road tyres :cool:

:shock: Well would you adam 'n eve it! The Giant is 26lbs and the Dyna-Tech is 25.7lbs :cry: I though the Dyna-Tech felt a lot lighter! The thing that gets me is the Giant has Sussy forks and the Dyna doesn't! Oh well is seems the money was well spent on the carbon stuff. I think i could get the weight down to 25lbs on the Dyna with some little changes. The seat must weigh about 5lbs! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back