Spotted - Al-Mega DX

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Driving home last night on the lanes near Hatton and shot past an old Alpinestars in fluoro yellow with Alu main tubes. Non E-stay model. Think this was the DX model.

Had matching kit too. Well impressed!! :D

Would have stopped for a gas but already late for pancakes, doh! :roll:

Slim chance, but given the locals on here, anyone aware of said bike/owner? Not many around now. :(
Potential forum recruit?

Anyone have any pics of these? Not seen them in a while, and used to dream of them in Colin Lewis Cycles..

Not me! Doubt it was Jezza either.

Which direction was he heading in ?

I think Ive seen that one - coming down Rugby road. Indeed looked like an Al mega. Good condition too.

There is also a green, white pink Klein being ridden around by an old woman around here too. I will stop her one day and attempt to buy it off her. Offer her a 100 quid or something haha.

Not seen anything interesting locally :?

jez-2-many-bikes":2u4efvnr said:
There is also a green, white pink Klein being ridden around by an old woman around here too. I will stop her one day and attempt to buy it off her. Offer her a 100 quid or something haha.

Does she have a blue rinse ?

thats just teasing. Blue rinse is in no way coordinated to that Klein.

If you offer her £100, I'll give you £120 for it :D can't say fairer than that!

Yep, thought the AS looked in very tidy nic.

al-megas

How come there were so many sold yet to find a second hand one is a nightmare!!

I've been looking for an Al-mega for a little while with no joy :(

I know of an al-mega 900 frame that could be for sale but it has a crack under the headtube/downtube :(
Lovely frame though, polished alu with purple anodised cable guides etc. If theres any interest I'll see how much he wants for it.

Because they broke, either at the rear dropouts or the front mech braze on. I believe later versions went for a clamp on front mech.

my mate chris thru his al mega XT off a cliff doin 59mph (no BS, 3months in hospital, metal plate in his arm). vague lucky escape for the bike as only the forks were totalled.
happily take any of you guys down that trail if you're ever welsh side ;)

Back