**Retro disk/hub info** Hope '5-bolt pattern' rotors...

mikesnowdon

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Anybody got one?

I ordered a pair for my Mono Mini brakes to suit old style Hope Ti hubs (ti centre) but got 2 that don't match. They both fit and they're both the right size but they don't match aesthetically.

See pic below: The 160mm one on the left is the style I'm prefer. Just need one in 140mm to match it.

picture1931b.jpg

I found a eBay listing for a job lot of Hope brake spares (link below) and it includes the exact disk I'm after. Contacted the seller and he wont split :evil: Pisses me off a bit cos I don't need any of the other stuff he's selling!!! If anyone on here's bidding and wins please can I have the rotor second from the left in the top row?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/hope-joblot-c...s_SR?hash=item2ea83c35e2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sure its 140 :?
On the Ti-glide i had,it ran a 155

I suppose there is an answer of sorts :?

Got a grinder :shock:

I'll keep my eyes peeled,im looking for hope spare parts myself ;)

I'm running Hope Mini Mono's and the rear caliper is for 140mm (160mm front). Winstanleys will hopefully be able to get one that will match the front.

If not I can always run the old Hope wavy disks that came with the wheels (163/143mm). The wavy rotors actually give full pad contact whereas the mono rotors braking surface is slightly narrower than the pad. I just like the low profile look of the mono rotors, and they're lighter.

mikesnowdon":7kxr2uj5 said:
dyna-ti":7kxr2uj5 said:

Thats the one I ordered! (part CDP1501) It is the one on the right in my pic above. The 160mm that I received (also from wistanleys) was the next one down in the list 'CDP1502'. I noticed there is also another 5 bolt/140mm listed there (9th down 'CDP1497') as Grimela? Maybe that's the one I need.

just noticed the Winstanleys site has a typo. They have Grimela instead of Grimeca.

I wondered what they were on about at first but then I remembered the Grimeca 4-pot disk brakes that came out about the same time as Shimano XT 4-pots (and they looked remarkably similar in shape didn't they). :)

Ive asked winstanleys to send me pics of the Grimeca disks as they should be quite similar to the mono mini disks (ie; low profile).

Oh my god is that the time! off to bed. nite nite!

I may be keen from some parts from that auction... Could do with the 5 arm spider (thats on the disc you fancy). And a no.3 caliper. I shall make some enquiries with the seller to see if the calipers meet my needs.

Hi.

I've been exchanging emails with the customer service guys at winstanleys and they tell me they will be updating their webshop to include pictures of each different disk they sell within the next 48hrs. Its really great that they have seen my situation and decided to take steps to avoid similar problems in the future. These guys have been really great to deal with so far. Once the pics go live I'll have a look at the 5-bolt Grimeca rotors and decide which to go for. I think the Grimeca will be quite similar to the hope mini rotor (left one in my pic) but with a slightly wider braking surface, yet still low proifile. I do come across anal about this don't I :LOL: I just want my disks to match and look cool :cool:

Just to note.. When I was searching for Hope 5-bolt rotors I found Winstaleys had the biggest rage on offer. Now they are updating the site with pics I would suggest anyone looking for an obscure rotor to check them out.

mikesnowdon":zdkrsooz said:
mikesnowdon":zdkrsooz said:
dyna-ti":zdkrsooz said:

Thats the one I ordered! (part CDP1501) It is the one on the right in my pic above. The 160mm that I received (also from wistanleys) was the next one down in the list 'CDP1502'. I noticed there is also another 5 bolt/140mm listed there (9th down 'CDP1497') as Grimela? Maybe that's the one I need.

just noticed the Winstanleys site has a typo. They have Grimela instead of Grimeca.

I wondered what they were on about at first but then I remembered the Grimeca 4-pot disk brakes that came out about the same time as Shimano XT 4-pots (and they looked remarkably similar in shape didn't they). :)

Ive asked winstanleys to send me pics of the Grimeca disks as they should be quite similar to the mono mini disks (ie; low profile).

Oh my god is that the time! off to bed. nite nite!

thats 'cos they are one and the same - I had both, Grimecas in red and XT

Back