Pee Wees SSMM Training and Preparation Thread - NO ELITISTS!

Build me up

Err, back to the thread at hand...

So what's the SSMM course like - day time and night?

How long is a lap (timewise) and what kind of hills and obstacles exist?

I won't start on tyre selection just yet - the furore for N Downs was a lesson learnt!

Neil

From what I could gather (walking around covered in cameras rather than a bike) last year's was mainly grassy and slopy and big long climbs and a bit of singletrack through the dense fern like woddland.

And about 12 miles a lap. And very hot and dusty.

And some very annoying noisy drunk teenagers in the Adidas tent shouting 'Evil Eye' repeatedly until about 4am.

Our trip round Afan was sponsored by two catchphrases ..

'DO IT' said in Ben Stiller style from 'Starsky and Hutch' normally shouted as we approached one of the big slab jumps.
and
'Niiiiiice' said in Borat Style after landing said jump .. God we're sad :oops:

Had to take the borrowed Styumpjumper FSR back to the shop this morning, was quite sad to see her go :cry:

Come on then chaps... Weekly Pee Wee training update.

Sunday 15th April - Saturday 21st April, 71 miles.

HONC on Sunday, MTB rides on Tuesday and Friday and a 13 mile road 'time trial' on Wednesday (Average speed for the 13miles was 20.2mph).

Right then boys, i've just got in from nightrider 12 down in Newnham
where i was in a 2 man team. And i would just like to add that no amount of training can prepare you for that sort of pain.
I know the event i've just done was only 12 hours,and MM is 24,but belive
me 12 was bad enough :(
Everything started out ok, but its the being awake and riding bikes when your body should be asleep that gets you.
I must of gone through the wall of pain at least 20 times last night, thats 19 times more than im used too :shock:
So after all that i'm not sure what the best method for training would be :?:
I've been doing about 35miles off road on sundays, and about 30-35
night rides on wednesdays, all this still was no where near enough :!: :!:
Anyway thats enough of this babble for now i haven't sleapt since friday night so im off.
p.s we came in 14th out of 28 for the men's pairs, which is better than my target of not coming last :!:

Spooked as it is....

Squeezed 38 road miles out this evening. Plan to ride every other day/night through May with the 50k at Sherwood Pines (with Russ??) on Sunday week. No amount of gym or road miles is going to prepare me for those Blair Witch moments to come....

Neil

Nice twenty nine miler of road with the boys yesterday followed by a sweet 30 miler today doing my normal off road route, but on the cross bike.

perfect. That's training for me.

errrmmmm got p*ssed at a wedding on Saturday, and got p*ssed watching Cricket yesterday.... not exactly ideal training for the cycling part of the event, but I should be quite booze hardened..

Off to italy on Saturday for week long wedding celebrations with the family in tow, chance of any exercise = nil ...

I'm starting to get a bit worried..

you and me both!

I don't ride half as much as you guys :shock:

3 bbqs with associated wine this weekend. I am ready :twisted:

Hilts":1q4qvu9z said:
I'm starting to get a bit worried..

Training...shaining!

You will be under the influence of the Way Of The Wu. You need not worry teammate, it says so in the 6th Chamber of Wu. I just read it on the train pulling out of Croydon Station.

;)

Back