BoTM October 2009 - Nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No modern stuff? No hard fellings, please delete my nomination then.

John":17fz6lz0 said:
Some interesting bikes already this month, has all the makings of a classic :LOL:

Not too sure on the 29er though, is that a MY2007 :?

carlton dyna-tech":3im6dddc said:
Ti is nice on a set of wheels but I agree with SYN-CROSSIS about 'grey, grey, grey'....

So with that in-mind, and being a 'steel-wheels' fan, I'd like to nominate my 1990 Raleigh Dyna-Tech 2070 in team colours of the time. Ordered it from the Raleigh SPD and asked for it in the team colours, then transferred the Campag Centaur MTB equipment from my Overburys' Pioneer onto it. Fitted a Girvin Flexstem as they where de-rigeur at the time and had it sprayed to match the team yellow of the frame tubes. Full specs' here http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... emId=50297

main.php

Used on the road also, hence the rear Vistalight :oops:

Would have loved to have seen that campag kit on the Overburys ;)

Elev12k":nym990o7 said:
Now you mention your WTB: I spot a Fox, Thomson among more and in my view even m950 doesn't qualify for vintage.

A bike with a set of mid 2000s forks, gear shifters, headset, seatpost and rims just won BOTM, so I don't think we are too hot on 'period correct' around here. Can't see too much difference between the validity of the Serotta and the WTB tbh..

Imo most importantly was that Bas had choosen for a 08/09 fashion paint job. However the entire bike gave me more vintage feel than a couple posted now (not necessarely the WTB), still it wasn't the one I voted for.

pete_mcc":2ut6zqxu said:
Elev12k":2ut6zqxu said:
Now you mention your WTB: I spot a Fox, Thomson among more and in my view even m950 doesn't qualify for vintage.

A bike with a set of mid 2000s forks, gear shifters, headset, seatpost and rims just won BOTM, so I don't think we are too hot on 'period correct' around here. Can't see too much difference between the validity of the Serotta and the WTB tbh..

You've got a point there Pete but then again, nice bikes though they are, neither do it for me in terms of BoTM.

Then again, we all have our individual reasons for voting which are valid in their own right, it just seems a shame to me to see bikes with 'modern', whatever that means, components being entered.

Just a personal perspective you understand and I guess the key to it all is Rule 12 http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8326

ededwards":w693c2jx said:
You've got a point there Pete but then again, nice bikes though they are, neither do it for me in terms of BoTM.

Then again, we all have our individual reasons for voting which are valid in their own right, it just seems a shame to me to see bikes with 'modern', whatever that means, components being entered.

Just a personal perspective you understand and I guess the key to it all is Rule 12 http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8326

Last time I entered a perfectly period correct, very limited edition classic and got like 3 votes!

Next time I will swap out the rear derailleur and cranks before entering though. LOL!

bushpig":2jqzpdej said:
Last time I entered a perfectly period correct, very limited edition classic and got like 3 votes!

Next time I will swap out the rear derailleur and cranks before entering though. LOL!

You've still got 10 days or so if you do want to do that......

Nah, this is how I ride it, and I like the M970 cranks a lot more than the M950s. Plus the M950s I have are going on my steel Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back