1991 Fat Chance Yo Eddy!

Dr S

Old School Grand Master
Did not get time to 'out' this one before the epic Peaks Ride having just finished it the night before. Testing was limited to riding to the bus stop and back before slinging it in the truck and heading south. Performed faultlessly all day and didn't even need the shifting tweeking.

Looking for black Grafton brakes and a black Moby if anyone has them going spare.

Deffo not a garage queen this one. Frame and forks have been powder coated for toughness and its getting some stick :LOL:

In at the deep end! First ride in the Peaks with Mr K and Co.
3976830411_afa4cd04b7_o.jpg

Frame: 1991 Medium Fat City Yo Eddy

Fork: Fat City Big One Inch

Headset: Chris King Sotto Voce
Stem: Ringle
Handlebar: Answer Hyperlight
Grips: Grab On MTN2

Brakes: Suntour XC Pro
Brake Pads: Suntour XC Pro
Brake Cables: Flying Snake Kevlar
Cantilever cable hangers: Oddessy Straddle Rods
Brake Levers: X-Lite Chicken Stix

Shifters: Deore XT M733
Front Derailleur: XT M733
Rear Derailleur: XT M735 with Bullseye jockies, Ano bolts and roller thingy
Derailleur Cables: Flying Snake Kevlar
Cassette: Shimano XT 7 speed 28/12
Chain: KNC 9SL
Cranks: Grafton Speed Sticks
Crank Bolts: Middleburn
Chainrings: Middleburn 24/36/46
Chainring bolts: Middleburn alloy outer, stainless inner
Bottom Bracket: Fat Chance
Pedals: XT M735

Hub Skewers: Ringle Ti Stix
Rims: Campagnolo Atek
Hubs: Ringle
Nipples: Black Alloy
Spokes: Wheelsmith
Tyres: Onza Honch and Agro
Tubes: Kenda

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Deore XT (need black Moby)
Seatpost Binder: Ringle Ti Stix

Weight: 23.9lbs

3976804899_a174003218_b.jpg

3976804913_8c0a70ef7b_b.jpg

3976804917_97ea4c052e_b.jpg

3976804919_323c0aa0e0_b.jpg

3976804927_60935ee164.jpg
3976804943_5ff2fab9fa.jpg

3976830367_4271f2fc45_b.jpg

That's a stunning looking bike, always love white frames and with the purple added on your bike looked fantastic, after seeing the the Peaks photos, I thought your's was the best looking bike there, hope this is a keeper with you.

Looked great in the Peaks. Clean and simple.

Shame it and its rider just couldnt get on together ;)
another_fat_chance_line_193.jpg

Supreme :cool: , you and Gash will make a fine pair. :D

Ha, THAT Peaks pic. The rims and pads were brand new and could I fook stop. It was much steeper than it looks in that shot and I was just getting faster and faster- shame I decided to get off in front of Kawasaki's all seeing lense! The pads bedded in nicely once they got some mud on them.
Sounds like an excuse but the Guv came a cropper on that bit on his Yo and there is plenty of evidence that many walked down it (including Mr Pickle IIRC!) :LOL:

Si

Dr S":395ys2se said:
Ha, THAT Peaks pic. The rims and pads were brand new and could I fook stop. It was much steeper than it looks in that shot and I was just getting faster and faster- shame I decided to get off in front of Kawasaki's all seeing lense! The pads bedded in nicely once they got some mud on them.
Sounds like an excuse but the Guv came a cropper on that bit on his Yo and there is plenty of evidence that many walked down it (including Mr Pickle IIRC!) :LOL:

Si

To bloody right I walked down! :LOL: It was steep, so hats off for giving it a go. I too was suffering with lack of brakes, but didnt want to risk it :LOL:

And yes, MrK did click me walking.......... :oops:

YO oooh!

That looks like a lot of fun!...the 'Stormtrooper' white is a great look.

I'd be inclined to keep the XT seatpost (if it's a good position), it looks great as it is - and strangely somehow seems more unique! Also I think they were made of Tange Presteige tubing??? So keep the steel is real flava!

Seeing this build up is making me starting too bug on a frame & fork combo I recently let pass by---principally because I did not like to the colour scheme. I had not really thought about respray options.

Cheers,

John

Dr S":1au7oyev said:

Si

I managed that on a 23" frame and drops with a too short stem.

You are a girl.

A girl riding a nice bicycle though

Back