NE&Yorks. Thrunton Woods, Saturday October 24th

Andy B":19kicx0n said:
If I do make it to the ride I'll be on my usual 'Shonky Shed' of an modern bike ;)

DJ Andy B in the house with the big shonk?

Do it!

AAARRRRGGGGG !!!!!

Should of checked with you guys first :shock:

Thing is they cant be worse than what I have, all my tyres are 1.95 or narrower, I'll probably ride them at lowest psi setting and be gingerly about it, I'm used to crashing albeit at low speed, useless line choices and no inate talent :LOL:

The tyres are at least vaguely retro so can be excused being useless like the bike and more importantly the rider ;)

Drunkeness is spoiling my thought trains, whats the opinion on Onza Dan/Dave tyres.

What constitutes very good brakes for Thrunton; Vee's, parallel push vee's, maguras or discs.

Finally where do you meet at Thrunton, I've been google earthing and it looks cool but thrunton itself appears to be little more than a farm :?

Regards Velo, drunk on real ale, gaelic worded single malt and bonhomie if thats a word :LOL:

I had the single speed E3 the last time i was there, realy enjoyed it, never realy missed gears at any point (not as fit now though :roll: ), there was'nt any mega fast bits, the drops through the trees are mega steep and technical :cool:, so decent brakes would be nice, i had the Maguras on the E3 last time which were fine but now has good V's on it.

Hope to have the LTS up and running for then though so may bring that.

clockworkgazz":5nqpi52a said:
jimihendrix":5nqpi52a said:
Will try to make this, really enjoyed the last visit, work is mental at the minute though an is likely to be this month but should be do-able as it's a Saturday.

give me a shout when you know for sure jimi, car share/petrol will be cool, as it is a bit of a drive- need to get off early again :roll:

No worries, will be there for sure, no problem meeting at yours again ;) , may ask for an early finish on the Friday.

I have done Thrunton on canti's before- just took my time (in fact, I've been round on U-brakes! :shock: ). V's are best retro choice, as Jimi says its not fast just technical in places and good control is what you want.
The Onzas will be fine Velo if its dry- TBH if its wet there are few tyres that work- some of the trails run along the hillside over polished pine roots at 45 degrees, nothing sticks to the buggers!

Don't worry about it, its good riding and there is nothing to fear (unless Gimplord shows up :LOL: )

S

BTW, I will be cheating and taking the Cotic, Single speed (32/18 ), 2.5 super sticky DH tyres and discs! :LOL:

Dr S":qb5bv0yq said:
BTW, I will be cheating and taking the Cotic, Single speed (32/18 ), 2.5 super sticky DH tyres and discs! :LOL:

is this not a retro meet..... tut one rule for others.......

clockworkgazz":3fp0zudr said:
Dr S":3fp0zudr said:

well, Cotic have been around a while, as have fat tyres, discs can be retro, and as for Si... ;)

Andy B":2ofng8sx said:
clockworkgazz":2ofng8sx said:
Dr S":2ofng8sx said:

well, Cotic have been around a while, as have fat tyres, discs can be retro, and as for Si... ;)

It is Retro in spirit. As for me, I'm bang up to date and down with da kidz! I was listening to The Stone Roses the other day on my Sony Walkman- doesn't get anymore up to date than that ;)

Latest posts

Back