2007 clockwork with custom F8 forks, UPDATED pics Page 4

dont mean to be rude, but it looks like a bit of a parts bin special. i really like all of the components (appart from the avid disc :oops: ), i appreciate the frame, adore the forks, remember and still use the pedals on my bmx, but the mixture of parts on the frame dont really do it justice.
it just has an aura of 'yeah mate, stick a foto on the notice board and itll be sold within the month. theres this wierdo who likes old stuff, i bet i can get him interested.'

sorry.

kanerdog1x1":353tedam said:
dont mean to be rude, but it looks like a bit of a parts bin special. i really like all of the components (appart from the avid disc :oops: ), i appreciate the frame, adore the forks, remember and still use the pedals on my bmx, but the mixture of parts on the frame dont really do it justice.
it just has an aura of 'yeah mate, stick a foto on the notice board and itll be sold within the month. theres this wierdo who likes old stuff, i bet i can get him interested.'

sorry.

I have to use flats as my knee's fcuk'd...

I have used retro ish where possible - and the frame only has a disc mount, so no choice there.

I love the finish on m960, and x rays are my favourite shifters...

And I spin out CD, so thought a STD chainset may be a plan...

You're a bit harsh mate but all views appreciated!!! :LOL: :LOL:

(BTW im not after flogging anything...)

sorry, sorry, sorry. i love big bmx flats, got them on all my bikes! the gripper the better. and i love the forks, would love them for my merlin, its got rc30s at the moment. i too am a fan of xrays, iv got a nos set in the attic waiting for that special project.

but the mismatch of years for the frame and forks bugs me i guess, as do the odd brakes.

i remember singletrack (i think) had a clockwork as a test bike, and they put old deore thumbies on it in amongst the 'new world' groupset, and that really bugged me at the time.

just my thoughts, opinion.

kanerdog1x1":3ub1a105 said:
sorry, sorry, sorry. i love big bmx flats, got them on all my bikes! the gripper the better. and i love the forks, would love them for my merlin, its got rc30s at the moment. i too am a fan of xrays, iv got a nos set in the attic waiting for that special project.

but the mismatch of years for the frame and forks bugs me i guess, as do the odd brakes.

i remember singletrack (i think) had a clockwork as a test bike, and they put old deore thumbies on it in amongst the 'new world' groupset, and that really bugged me at the time.

just my thoughts, opinion.

I see where youre coming from...

I just wanted to build a clockwork with silver retroish finishing kit (instead of dull black) and a few of my favourite bits...

I was thinking of m739 instead of m960 but I have been storing the xtr for something special... and my LE clockwork is just that...

I was thinking black control tech (new) finishing kit, fox forks and 2009 XT, but I just love old stuff... Hence...

It rides bloody nice though :cool: :cool:

Nice bike dude, don't think I've ever seen another 2007 apart from mine :cool:

Mine is a full modern build and is never clean enough to be worthy of its own thread :(

CIMG2204.jpg

Great bikes, I love mine to bits!

That looks cool - i suspect mine will end up similar at some point!!!

What travel you running up front??

Back