my retro inspired ibis ti mojo

onetwentyeight

Dirt Disciple
Hi. new member here, im a bike mechanic from san francisco. I recently finished assembling a new Ti Mojo from Ibis. In the build I tried to reflect my love of a more classic aesthetic on bikes while still utilizing high end modern equipment. I wanted to build something that would hold up to the test of time but visually and from a performance aspect. I'm very happy how how it came out, it is a joy to ride.

Thanks to the galleries on here, they were a source of inspiration while assembling the bike.

3958629673_314c993cf6_o.jpg

3958630519_b739b55e7b_o.jpg

3958630997_09377b1a87_o.jpg

3958631583_b216888bca_o.jpg

frame: ibis ti mojo ltd
fork: rockshox world cup sid
wheels: crank bros cobalt
crankset/bb: white industries vbc 42-28
headset: chris king
stem: thomson x4
saddle: selle san marco rolls ti
bars: syntace vector 12 degree
shifters: xtr
brakes: formula oro bianco
derailleurs: xtr
cassette: xt 11-32
pedals: time atac carbon

23lbs w/ pedals

Thanks for looking

Very nice looking bike you have there. How smoothly does the front mech make the transition from 28 to 42 and back?

thanks! The front shifting seems to be working pretty well. I just dialed the outer limit all the way in just to prevent myself from forgetting and over shifting. I may replace the outer limit screw with a longer one to be a little more precise but so far I haven't had any issues. its a hair rougher than XTR or a standard set up, but I'm not too concerned as front shifting isnt something I find myself doing as much as I would with a triple and the rapid fire of the XTR shifters makes shifting front rings and dropping down in the cassette simultaneously very nice. im just happy to have cranks with a narrower q factor.

Very nice...titanium at it's best!

Only thing I'm not too keen on is the Cobalt wheels...just a personal preference

No worries. I wanted to run tubeless tires and didnt want black wheels. This was pretty much the only option I had besides running a conversion kit. I couldnt even find silver tubeless rims to build my own wheels with. The cobalts are a bit flashier than I normally go for but they've grown on me.

Heh. I dont really go to bikeforums anymore. Work and life has kept me busy and I dont really know anyone on there these days. Id rather ride than talk about bikes, I've got to do that 9 hours a day, 5 days a week anyway. I'm only online now as I banged my elbow really hard when a tourist knocked me over while I was crossing the golden gate bridge on friday morning. Bummed, I lost a whole weekend of riding because of it.

Back