Kielder Octoberfest Race. RB Team Entries Wanted 10th Oct

"Rules" what is this word that you speak of?

You need to be travelling fast kaiser to need brakes save yourself the money you don't need them fixed.

Saying that print me off a copy of the google map please, I have no printing facilities.

I suppose it would be wise to look at the site now and then and lo and behold its changed. Its now a three lapper

Oh **** that's less appealing, esp if there are some technical horrors that need to be done 3 times, suppose less distance to walk back to the start.

Event Regulations
Description & Event Details
This event is planned on the basis that each entrant is self-sufficient with regards to food and drink for the duration of the ride, and also in
respect of minor repairs and punctures. All proceeds from this event will be spilt equally between Kielder Trail Reavers and The Great North
East Air Ambulance.
The Angler’s Arms, Kielder Village will be the host base for each event. Find this at Grid. Ref. OS NY 934632.
Registration
Registration will take place between 8:30 and 9:30 am. You will be given a laminated Event Number which is to be attached to the front of your bike so that
event marshals en-route can record your number on passing – cable ties will be provided.
Start/Finish
This will be nearby – details given at registration. There will be a mass start at 10:00 am. Remember to report to the Finish, even if you retire from the event
– we need to know where you are! Event results and prize presentations will take place at The Anglers Arms as soon as is practicable.
Marshals
The marshals are there to ensure the smooth running of the event, and to help the entrants at road crossings and critical navigation points. Please be polite
to these guys who give up their day so you can enjoy yours
Organisers
The Event is organised by Kielder Trail Reavers , the local volunteer trail building group. If you would like to get involved with any of their
projects, then check their forum on www.kieldertrailreavers.org.uk Your Event contact is Ian Bell who can be contacted on 0845 6341895.
Equipment
 Roadworthy and well maintained bike..
 Trailside repair tools , puncture repair kit and a Trail First Aid Kit
 Cycle helmet and appropriate clothing for weather conditions on the day, and enough food and drink to last the Event.
 OL42 1:25000 Map of Kielder (advised).
 Please note there will be a compulsory Kit check at registration. This is done on the advice of Mountain Rescue, and is done
with your safety in mind.

Rules
 The Mountain Bike Code must be followed at all times.
 You should not do anything that you would consider cheating if someone else were to do it. Marshals will disqualify anyone taking an
unfair advantage.
 You must pass other trail users courteously – especially walkers, horse riders and livestock.
 You MUST report to the Race Finish even if you retire early.
Classes
A Men 17 – 39 yrs, B Women 17 – 39 yrs, C Men 40 – 49 yrs, D Women 40 + yrs , E Men 50 + yrs.
Course Description
Each course will be different, and be around 50km in length. The course will be marked with Day Glow Arrows, and will be made up of Forest
roads, green roads and man made singletrack.
Entry Fees
£22 for a single event to be paid no later than 4 days prior to the Event. Day entries will be accepted at a cost of £25.
Full TCA members can deduct £2, Associate members may deduct £1.
Advance entry discounts – All four events @ £18 each, send £72. Three events @ £19, send £57. Two events @ £20, send £40.
The Entry Fee includes hot food at The Anglers Arms after the Event.
The organisers reserve the right to cancel any event at short notice if unforseen circumstances arise. In the event of such a cancellation, the
organisers will retain £5 of each entry fee to cover administrative costs.
Parking
The Event Car Park is behind The Anglers Arms, and the normal charge of £3 per vehicle will be collected by Forestry Commission staff. The
same charge would apply if you were coming to ride the MTB trails, and this money goes back into trail maintenance. Please do not park
anywhere else in the Village as this may cause problems for local residents.
Prizes
These will be provided by The Bike Place, down to third place in each Class if there are more than 5 entrants. If there are less than 5 entrants,
only first place will be awarded. As a series of four events, there will be points calculated towards an overall series winner in each class.
More information regarding the 2009 series, and explanation of how points will be awarded can be found at www.thebikeplace.co.uk under the
Kielder banner, then click Events
Please retain these Regulations for your information.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ha! I'm no longer the sole rider from south o the border. I have a wingman in Andy Nayfinesse and we are going to kick some ass!

Si

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
zigzag":3jvly98e said:
big.eck":3jvly98e said:
the whole clan should wear these........... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Simpsons-Duff-Bee ... 286.c0.m14

if i can get transport then i'll go :?
Eck - I'm pretty sure I can swing past Broxburn on the way down to Kielder :) Pack yer bags 'n' bike - Wotcha riding?

magic :D :D :D :D i'll see you good wi the petrol ;)

i'll be riding the massif :cool:

i'll just pay on the day as i can't make head nor tails of the entry form :LOL:

is there a list of things to bring ? i'll have to buy some more waterproofs too :LOL:

Latest posts

Back