Kielder Octoberfest Race. RB Team Entries Wanted 10th Oct

Weathers bollocks here :evil: don't mind rain but its blowing a gale. Got a DVD to watch and I'm going to chain myself to the turbo for a couple of hours.

kaiser":v23pcnxh said:
Weathers bollocks here :evil: don't mind rain but its blowing a gale. Got a DVD to watch and I'm going to chain myself to the turbo for a couple of hours.

Same here but i'm stuck at work all weekend anyhoo. Going to do an hour on the Trainer tonight too. Will get a nightride in next week and a few nights on the trainer but thats it for my race prep. :? :?

Right men shall we collude on tactics and logistics etc. Furinstance I believe you need a map, would a google map do d'ya think? And am I right in thinking this is a 2 lapper, are there water stops? Gazz what was the time spread from last year. Are we down to 4 men and several drop out pussys? :LOL: Do youse have a kit list and such? How are the bikes coming along?

This is all a bit organized kaiser, filling up the camelbak and taking a big bottle for a refill one the second lap if needed however my cb was enough for glentrool so might be ok. The orange is now running a even shorter and very ugly stem so is set up and ready to roll but hope springs eternal for the yo. Food will be whatever is in the fridge the night before and don't really know about times last year? Going on a long run tomorrow as the weather is meant to be better. Think I'll bring an iPod even if I end up not using it as 4 hours is a long time without some rocky type music.

**** taking a map there should always be someone to follow and for £22 someone should have marked the course- what do they need you to take in the first aid thing?

1, I don't think there are water stops, remember something in the regs about it- we have to fend for ourselves. I have a 2.5 ltr bladder in my camelback and will have a large waterbottle on the bike
2, I've put some first aid gubbins in an old Tobaco tin- plasters, suture strips, tablets, bandage etc.
3, taking a pump, spare tube, multitool, chainsplitter, puncture kit, some gaffer tape, gear inner and zip ties as spares.
4, I've got OS mapping on my Iphone and have preloaded that area in case there is no signal.
5, got 10 energy gels and 5 energy bars plus chocolate and wine gums to ward off the bonk.
6, taking long sleeve jersey in pack incase weather turns. Will add waterproof day before if rain is forcast.

Going to start prepping bike tonight (Mountain Goat WTR) Needs brakes tweeking, more air in forks and might change tyres to something modern.

Race tactic is to just keep going at a steady pace. Tortoise and the hare and all that.

That should

Gazz, I think the map is to get you back to the start/finish should you call quits or have a mechanical without having to complete a lap (25k is a long way to carry a bike). Route has arrows and marshalled junctions.

Si

Energy gels - get her!

You lot are taking this seriously, jimi said he has a cracking set of cranks he can lend me, very light.

Dr S":20242xqv said:
Gazz, I think the map is to get you back to the start/finish should you call quits or have a mechanical without having to complete a lap (25k is a long way to carry a bike). Route has arrows and marshalled junctions.

Si

I want to be driven out in the broom wagon if I have problems.

I think your required to have map, first aid kit and waterproofs(?). Has anyone read the rules? :oops:

Jimi's cranks are light but hard to pedal

Si I suggest your take 2-3 apare tubes and 2 puncture kits.....well ye know

More bits today for the Salsa and spoke to the guy in the LBS, will be going in on Monday and I'll pic it up on Wed with hopefully a full set of working brakes.

Back