Pee Wees SSMM Training and Preparation Thread - NO ELITISTS!

Hilts":17g2koni said:
Great couple of days though and bumping into the WU was fairly surreal ..

LOL. Was fairly surreal and it took a friend to point out that there was a man at the doorway to the cafe shouting my name for me to notice the afore mentioned Hilts.

I'm afraid as for training, I'm just stepping up my two 25milers each weekend to include a couple of eve rides in the week on the cross bike.

Oh and some swimming and rowing.

Oh and some cake baking (ok, just eating) - good for the balance and composure.

;)

We only did 1 run as we only had a couple of hours. We parked near a river where there is a camp site and then climbed up a fairly technical trail for about 45 mins or so following the yellow signs. Then headed down some excellent fun down hills ending up back a the cafe, no idea what anything was called.

Funny incident - There was guy riding near us who worked for merida and was riding a commencal. He spent 5 mins trying to persuade me how good commencal bikes were etc etc and then we parted company. The next time i saw him he was stood at the side of the trail with a broken chain, poor fella ...needless to say I won't be buying a commencal, bad karma ...

I don't know which trails they were either as we just did a megamix of all of them. And it felt like it.

That was the Glencorrig or Glenncorrick (or something) ponds entrance. Bloody georgeous day huh? Must have been 80 degs out there.

Sounds like Whites level James, there is a good downhill with a load of slabs to drop off which is fun at speed.
The long winding singletrack uphill sounds familiar too.

Have done this one, Nine Feet and The Wall a few times and gotta say they are good.

Sounds like Whites level James, there is a good downhill with a load of slabs to drop off which is fun at speed.

Aye, that rings a bell, some excellent big slabs to drop off and then some of those Wooden north shore plank berms..first time on them and it's a weird experience..

They gave me a freakadelic psycwarp and i had to stop and gather my mind. That green flashing beneath and a great big mountain side to the right. Hmm. :shock:

yeah, I hate north shore, thats about as north to shore as I want to go. What with camber, drops etc designed to make you fall off. Messes with my head too wu.

Did you take the 'extended black route double diamond enter at your peril' DH detour too? Worth a look.

it makes a silly noise, you can't see where the drops are, and if you are technically inept (like moi) the tight right switchback is nigh on impossible.. I girlied out of the seesaw type thang at the end as did not have enough speed....

We were going to go and check out the black run but were a bit pushed for time.. Going to try and get back there in the summer sometime, better start buying mrs hilts some pressies ...

Gump, can I assume from your earlier post that Jeff and John put some serious pace in on HONC ??

Hilts":3xivdiv5 said:
I girlied out of the seesaw type thang at the end as did not have enough speed

normally on see-saws it's too much speed that's the problem...

Back