my S-works and Klein Adroit

retroklein

Retro Guru
my cross country bike and the Klein I'm putting together. I'm using 2.4 mountain king tyres at the moment for offroad use. but this is how I roll during the week..! Really happy with the Specialized frame :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,406
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,406
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,406
I'm really happy with the condition of the frame but there are a few nicks and scratches, am trying hard not to obsess over them..

one thing I've heard is that these late model Adroit frames are actually Attitude frames. They just called them Adroit for some reason ... can anyone confirm this??

I read that on here to. Worse things have happened in the world.One of the Finish Klein fans will know for certain. Don't worry it's a lovely frame. Nice and light too.
Enjoy it. And post pictures once complete

..I just PM'd Archangel with a picture, he seems quite knowledgeable.. I think if that is the case, I'll be on to Jonrock for a respray, some gator or something else pretty... and some Attitude decals, 'keep it real' as they say :cool:

chris5675":2yprishz said:
I'm really happy with the condition of the frame but there are a few nicks and scratches, am trying hard not to obsess over them..

one thing I've heard is that these late model Adroit frames are actually Attitude frames. They just called them Adroit for some reason ... can anyone confirm this??
Sort of...starting in 1996 there were some Adroits that were basiclaly Attitude frames. The way to tell is the diameter of the downtube. "true" Adroits have 2" diameter downtubes, while the Attitude ones have 1-3/4" or so. That said, Adroit frames were still special in that they had Boron Carbon fibers in parts of the frame like the chain and seat stays. The Attitude never had that treatment.

Rad Stumpy :cool:, and lovely Adroit! I've just bought the same model/colour, built up with XTR. Mine has a couple of decent scratches, but I bought it to ride, so they don't bother me...too much :roll:.

Back