NE&Yorks. Thrunton Woods, Saturday October 24th

MJN":1zg8rzik said:
Well,we'll both be in the same ss boat :)

Well thats three. I built up the Cotic specifically for Thrunton use only and it will be my weapon of choice

Looks like we have an extra special guest coming along. My good friend Defiant is planning to personally deliver my new ride and bring his Serotta out to play :cool: :cool:

Will try to make this, really enjoyed the last visit, work is mental at the minute though an is likely to be this month but should be do-able as it's a Saturday.

Lemmings.....
Nayfinesse
Drewson
Dr S
Clockworkgazz
Velo
ZigZag
The Ken
Kaya
Gil M (with Mark and Ian??)
MJN
Andy B
P20
JimiHendrix

jimihendrix":em5tiak6 said:
Will try to make this, really enjoyed the last visit, work is mental at the minute though an is likely to be this month but should be do-able as it's a Saturday.

give me a shout when you know for sure jimi, car share/petrol will be cool, as it is a bit of a drive- need to get off early again :roll:

This is the first ride I've ever bought a set of tyres for because I've been advised of a need. Tyres soft and suitable for loose terrain and roots, that rules out everything I have and so the first set of new tyres I've bought in ages are Onza Porc 2's in 26 x 2.1" flavour.
Supposedly they have a soft compound and are not hardpack friendly but are very grippy on rock and root, sounds like I should have had them at Dalbeaty :roll:
Also apparently they are hard to come by so a pair including postage at £23 brand new and Kevlar beaded folding makes me happy :D
Next problem is selecting the steed with clearance for 2.1" tyres, not easy with bikes as old as mine :roll:
Also Si says very good brakes required, canti's need not apply then, the search goes on :LOL:

You might want to try those Porcs out before you commit to keeping them,they do tend to make any ride exiting!

If I do make it to the ride I'll be on my usual 'Shonky Shed' of an modern bike ;)

Have to agree with Marcus, those Porcs are very hairy. Would not use them at Thrunton. I'd go for a set of modern Conti's- Vapours or Speedkings work well but run at no more that 30psi

Back