Disk mount adapters for non-disk frame. (DIY)

Cool. I can easily flip it over.

Can you guess what the brace is made from? If you get it right there's a bonus question. Free biscuits for the winner!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yep its part of a Hope disk brake., well done! :D

But not a wavvy type. So the bonus question is 'what type of hope disk brake' ????

:D :D :D :D :D

Got the frame back from Shand Cycles today! :)

I had sent my disk tab and brace but I buried it in bubble wrap around the headtube. Steven didn't unpack the headtube as he was working on the other end of the frame so he must have assumed I didn't end the tab! (doh :roll: ). He went ahead and used one of his own tabs and a fabricated a piece of tubing for the brace at no extra cost. I must say I am delighted with the quality and finish of his work. I'll keep my self-fabricated tab for another frame at some point in the future.

Here's a few piccy's!

picture1902.jpg

picture1893.jpg

picture1904.jpg

I whole heartedly recommend Shand Cycles to anyone wanting to have a frame repaired or modified.

dyna-ti":3rzos99n said:
:cool: Looking good.
Was it expensive?

Not really. I had a few dents filled with brass and the canti mounts tapped out too. I've jut taken some better pics so I'll replace the photos above shortly.

More pics...

(Having trouble with imageshack so uploaded them here)

Attachments

• Disk mount.jpg
    Disk mount.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Disk mount_2.jpg
    Disk mount_2.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 1,789
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,789
Who bought my disk tab off me, the one I made myself before I had the frame modified?

I cant remember who it was and I lost the messages from my outbox. Hoping I might be able to buy it back if its still around.......

Back