East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Right. :?

The reason I've been quiet on the site for a while is that I've got a new job which means I now work between Nottingham & Grantham and only go home to Shropshire at weekends so time is precious etc etc. :roll:

Any Hoo, is there any of you guys out and about riding on week day evenings in the above area who might fancy some company now and then? :D

Oh, and Tony. I ride a section of the Viking Way week daymost evenings. If I'd known I was going to be around this weekend, I'd have been there. :roll:

Lights out for darker skies! It certainly makes any civilisation welcome, let alone a pub!

CherryBomb, I work in Bingham and try to do at least one trip to Sherwood Pines a week. There is also a lot of excellent riding to be had round Ticknall way with rc200ti and Orange71's expert guidance.

I think it'll mainly be night riding now although I can sometimes get to the Pines for 4.30ish and earlier on a friday.

@cherrybomb - yep - we aim to ride once a week usually a Weds evening at Ticknall, but sometimes the Pines or somewhere else. You'd be more than welcome :D

No one doing the Viking challenge on Sunday??

Might do , if I can be arsed :LOL: . Ive been feeling less and less bothered the nearer the day gets but it does use a lot of my local dirt so I feel inclined to do it . the course uses a lot of road , not very forgiving for a singlespeed .

Although it has rained recently so thats given me an advantage .

Went for a pedal earlier and saw two chaps doing the signs , twice . I was quicker than their LandRover down a hill too :LOL:

I guess if I do it I'll have to change a pedal as I've managed to bend an axle and my LH crank arm has come loose for the 3rd time so I think thats had its day . I was given them by a friend years ago who rode trials so they haven't had an easy life .

Current conditions are very hardpack with fluffy , dusty dirt on top , but it looks like its going to rain soon .

Any plans for rides in the next few weeks?

My lights have only just been dispatched so another week or so I fear :cry: My other brother has just recieved a set of the lights and he says the battery problems (that my other brother expereinced) have been corrected with this batch.

I read on a singletrack forum that the early sets had been taken apart and heavily criticised on a forum called 'candlepower' (for people who make and tinker with lights) and the manufacturer had immediately addressed the problems with the lights outlined on the forum...so now no-one will comment on them on that forum because they feel that they are giving away trade secrets!

But what it means for us is continual improvement of the product which has to be good news ;)

Oh, and my brothers have both got 3 hours out of them on one charge :D

I'm still intending to do the Caythorpe Chase on the 18th. Got a ride in at Ticknall last weekend, and am looking forward to getting my lights. As soon as I have these I'll try and get back to mid week rides.
Work has been frantic of late so no opportunities to bunk off early.
The Christmas ride at Cannock has been posted for the 27th, which could be good.

Knowledge is wasted unless shared

Well said.

My lights have only just been dispatched so another week or so I fear

when i put in the tracking number it stated left hong kong on 28th Sept - it was with me by 30th :shock:

yes definitely some rides as soon as we all have lights. Tony's ordered the same one as well. Not sure about Colin. Will wait to hear from you guys. Might be nice if it isn't raining like today :roll:

Back