Hell of the North Cotswolds, 15th April 2007

Given the dry trails and amount of road work involved I'd say that you crossers are at a distinct advantage :)

Russ,

Nice one with the maps mate! Does the route split left or right as you look at the map :?:
Some of those hills look interesting :shock:

should be a good day!

Shame I only have the full suss built up with gears :oops:
Say hi, will be on a Yeti for this :D
May fit a bottle and cage for extra fluid too.

Russ, meet up in the car park beforehand? *nudge nudge*

Heathy, I think that it goes left as you look at it. The hills look worse than they are, although this is the Cotswolds, and it ain't flat :)

Dark Horse, PMd you my phone number, give me a shout when you get there and lets say Hi :)

Gump, PMd you my number aswell, call me when you get there and we'll do the deal :) Is there no way you can get a hardtail ruinning? You're going to feel a little over-biked on a full sus, unless its pretty short travel.

hmmm, could get the Rocky going again without much effort. Will see how I feel tonight. Its an ASR-sl, so pretty short travel, and popped some 1.9 Maxxis Lopes tyres which are pretty lightweight, so may be ok :?

Good to see a map under the route too. I just see lots of white with a track on my tracklogs :D

Could you print off the 100k route too?
ta..

Sorry Gump, routes are only available direct from the organisers this year and I only requested the 50k.

How did you guys get on?!
I managed the 50k in 2 hours 47 mins which I was pretty pleased with as I expected 3 - 3.5 hours!

Russell - next time we will def have to meet up! lol!
I thought I saw some of you guys on a dekerf, independent fabrications and a klein so went to say hi at the start, but it wasnt anyone from here! lol!

Great day though, cant wait for the photos to be up!

the_dark_horse":13ex6o8k said:
How did you guys get on?!
I managed the 50k in 2 hours 47 mins which I was pretty pleased with as I expected 3 - 3.5 hours!

Russell - next time we will def have to meet up! lol!
I thought I saw some of you guys on a dekerf, independent fabrications and a klein so went to say hi at the start, but it wasnt anyone from here! lol!

Great day though, cant wait for the photos to be up!

Thats a good time :) Riding time acording to my computer was 2hrs 51mins but my 'certificate' is stamped at 3.31. Damn those banana stops (and cramp.. again!) :)

32 miles, 2779ft total climb and a lovely sunny day to enjoy it all.

Thanks Heathy for putting up with me on the climbs, and 'Dark Horse' sorry we missed you, I did find a blue Kangoo, but there was no-one there. We shoudl hook up for a ride some time anyway :)

Back