GT Peace

MJN

Senior Retro Guru
Ok,I bought this as a cheap winter hack and ended up riding it nearly all the time and hanging some pretty decent parts on it!
I've shown it in a couple of different guises,I'm running Fox F100's on it at the moment,for a cheap frame it rides ace :D

Attachments

• GetAttachment7.jpg
    GetAttachment7.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,010
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 2,010
Stupid question, what frame material is it? Alu?

Never heard of the Peace. When you say cheap frame what are you talking?

I think the full bikes were about £400,I got this one off the bay for £190 :) then took the forks,wheels,cable discs,seatpost,saddle,headset,bars,stem etc off and made about £150,so the frames pretty cheap for me!
Its made of butted steel and weighs more than a very heavy thing but most of the weight is in the eccentric bb so low down making it handle really good :cool:
I'll try and get some pictures of other stuff I've got kickin about now I've got a camera that works with my computer!

MJN":31fe9opf said:
I think the full bikes were about £400,I got this one off the bay for £190 :) then took the forks,wheels,cable discs,seatpost,saddle,headset,bars,stem etc off and made about £150,so the frames pretty cheap for me!
Its made of butted steel and weighs more than a very heavy thing but most of the weight is in the eccentric bb so low down making it handle really good :cool:
I'll try and get some pictures of other stuff I've got kickin about now I've got a camera that works with my computer!

Interesting - thanks for the information. Missed a lot of recent stuff so good to catch up. Looking forward to some more pictures!

Nice work, I remember it from the Dalby warm up ride and reckoned it was pretty cool but knew nowt about it. Very clean lines, and fast with you on board! I had no idea if it was expensive or not, a steath no nonsense modern. great! Plus I bet its lighter than the 6lb 5 play frame I was riding! :D

Any creaks from the BB arrangement or anything? Any weaknesses/crits with it?

I'd heard a few creaking nightmare stories about eccentrics but I've not had any issues after nearly a year of use,the only problem I had was when it had seized at the end of last winter,there are now stilson marks on the external bb cups :oops:
I have no idea what the overall weight is,certainly more than my Spark team,probably about the same as the Yo.I had to take the rigid forks off,they were killing my wrists blasting round Dalby :shock:

Good, phew, rigids plus fast single speeding is bordering too much on super human for my liking! :D

Plenty of grease should always solve any creaks or future jams in theory.

I had a quick look on eghey and came up with a colourful 29er, overseas.

Pal of mine has a Peace 29er and loves it.

I have eccentrics on my tandems, and you need to put tons of grease or anti-seize around the eccentric. I also ensure that all the allen bolt heads on the eccentric are filled with grease to stop them rusting up. It's not in a kindly environment, getting sloshed with much every ride! :D

Back