The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Posts under the name Matthias, apparently active on mtbnews.de

Bought a stem off him months ago. No stem, no contact, bad job :evil:

Have PM'd him for ya John,

Not sure if you already tried but will see if he replies with a reason.

RBG ;)

retrobikeguy":2ssyow1c said:
Have PM'd him for ya John,

Not sure if you already tried but will see if he replies with a reason.

RBG ;)

Cheers,

have already tried email and PM (here and mtb-news) a few times over the past few weeks

Same problem here...

I bought a rocky mtn fork from him... when I wanted to pay he offered me more stuff, like U brakes. I kept it with the fork. Thats more than a month ago....

Nothing in house and no reply to at least 3 emails.

:(

I just sent him an email through mtb-news.de. His username there is 'Zauberer33'.

Awaiting his reply, keep ya'll posted.

:?

Well,

I bought some KLEIN decals off the guy (also tried gil_m but somehow it didn't quite work out). Anywayz, I always had quick replies on my mails and had the decals within 2 weeks... no problem whatsoever.

Just wanted to let you guys know. Maybe there's a reason for him not answering... btw: I got his e-mail from Wundel's KLEIN forum. He's in there too.

Void

Void(EN12-82)":19ks3drm said:
Well,

I bought some KLEIN decals off the guy (also tried gil_m but somehow it didn't quite work out). Anywayz, I always had quick replies on my mails and had the decals within 2 weeks... no problem whatsoever.

Just wanted to let you guys know. Maybe there's a reason for him not answering... btw: I got his e-mail from Wundel's KLEIN forum. He's in there too.

Void

Void,

just curious, do your decals look like these (maybe in black)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Klein-a...ryZ42317QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are cheap repro-decals. I saw that Matthias had offered "original" Klein Attitude decals on wundel and inquired for some pics and he sent me those from the auction which are not original (note that the K in the fork decals is different than the original one). I remember that he asked a heck of money for them, hope you didnt pay too much if they are not genuine...

Carsten

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Carsten,

I bought a set of these decals for my Attitude. Think they're actually very good. Not used them but got them to have in reserve. The 'K' on the fork decals matches that on my '91 perfectly... Don't think they're poor quality repros... The only issue I could find was the little 'r' (for 'registered') was missing off either the 'attitude' or the 'klein' (can't remember which one its on and haven't got the bike to hand). Cheers,

BoyBurning":5j8s0tbn said:
Carsten,

I bought a set of these decals for my Attitude. Think they're actually very good. Not used them but got them to have in reserve. The 'K' on the fork decals matches that on my '91 perfectly... Don't think they're poor quality repros... The only issue I could find was the little 'r' (for 'registered') was missing off either the 'attitude' or the 'klein' (can't remember which one its on and haven't got the bike to hand). Cheers,

i did not mean to say that they are generally of poor quality, just much cheaper on ebay compared to what said person asked for them. i was just a bit p***** that he wanted to sell me overprized repro decals as genuine and he came up with that story that he "found" them hidden away in a shop blablabla

i think the vertical line in the fork decal 'K' needs to be wider (that's also what the original producer of the repro decals told me). not the best pic but the vertical line should be as wide as in the other letters.

attitude_1990_18zoll_5.jpg

but maybe the ebay seller fixed that, although those on the ebay pic are still with the "wrong" K.

and you're right, that little R would be on the down tube decal. another way to differentiate original from those repro decals.

edit: i dont see the R on all original down tube decals so not a clear differentiator.

Carsten

Yep, yer right,

Just got them out the packet... it is the wrong 'k'...! Bugger, that's more money wasted then! Didn't even notice that in the pic...! (don't use ebay on a mobile phone 'cos the screen's too small!!)

Back