1995 -ish Orange C16

legrandefromage":glbowxjo said:
my mate removed the C16 as he is a clockwork fan.
But a C16R is a Clockwork!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose,
By any other word would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title: — Romeo, doff thy name;
And for thy name, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

Anthony":2iv2wblr said:
Yours doesn't have F7 forks, which I think they went over to later in 95, so maybe it places yours at early in 95?

I've got (not for much longer) one of the first c16's from late '94 and it has F7's. Think they came with them right from the start? :?

Anthony":312pldr5 said:
legrandefromage":312pldr5 said:
my mate removed the C16 as he is a clockwork fan.
But a C16R is a Clockwork!

What's in a name? That which we call a rose,
By any other word would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title: — Romeo, doff thy name;
And for thy name, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

I disagree. The real (in my opinion) Clockworks had Tange Infinity tubes, the rest do not. The Clockwork is my favourite bike of all time but I just can't get as excited about the c16's. Maybe I'm just a little odd? :oops: :D

legrandefromage":1in3u88e said:
I'm not excited by it either - its a posh pub bike at the mo.

Don't mean I don't like it as I love all retro Oranges and most of the modern ones too. What I ment to say was that even though the '94 Clockwork and '95 c16 are almost the same bike I'd always choose the Clockwork. Think it's because I'd started to lose interest in MTB's by the time the c16 came about so never had the same connection to them as the Clockworks I grew up with.

As I'm getting more addicted to this whole retro bike thing I'm finding that my main interest is in the narrow band between '89 and '93. Guess it's what I know. :roll: ;)

Back