East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

ooh - word is spreading :oops:

thanks - it was by half a wheel length from James_W (not P20 as mentioned in the Peak aftermath thread), Jack was about 2m further back.

Quite chuffed after my best crash ( :oops: ) and best downhiller awards at the Big Dirty Weekend :D I've never won so much in my life :LOL:

Although the prizes aren't always up to scratch (best hill climb award was a green whoopie cushion :LOL: ).

Done it. Light ordered (same as everyone else from Deal extreme). Ed where did you get your UK / US adapter from?
:D :D I don't feel trapped anymore :D

It's going to be bright out there with 3 of the things! :cool: :cool:

Pulling out of D2D. Off work and feeling rougher by the day...bollocks :cry:

Pulling out of D2D. Off work and feeling rougher by the day...bollocks

Sorry to hear that. Spose it's inevitable spending your day with hundreds of young citizens and their hampers of toxic waste. At least if one of us is sniffling here we get locked in a cupboard until no longer infectious.

Roughly 180 kids a day in a small unventilted room all coughing and wheezing (and they take their shoes off, doesn't make you ill, just smelly) :cry:

Any cheap UK to US adapter will work as the charger runs on 240v. My bro says he's just used a shaving plug adapter he had that was also US plug compliant.

He also says they are best helmet mounted and you can get an adapter for that although there is a new version with a helmet mount on the web site.

It's a long wait though. I orderd on the 13th and they still haven't given me a shipping number although they are apparently 'packed'. :evil:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Matt - sorry to hear you're not good... we're dropping like flies at home here - only me that's unaffected (so far...).

So lights all round then? Ben's got some, Matt you do, I now have mine, Rob's on order... night rides here we come :D Ride next week or week after?

Need to make sure Tony and Colin get some sorted if they haven't already.

The site says 2 to 3 weeks for delivery so I expect it to be the end of this month. The whole Ticknall loop as a night ride, can't wait :D

could be very interesting! Never done a night ride with 'proper' lights :D

The pub will be all the more welcoming :D

Back