WTD: A few bits to complete Vit build.

JS1500

Senior Retro Guru
Hello all.

I bought a Syncros Cattlehead off eBay 3 weeks ago and it's still not here so i'm guessing it's never going to arrive :(

Therefore I need a 1" ahead stem.
Preferably silver and not too long with a bit of rise.
I'm willing to pay decent money for just the right thing, or a few quid for something to tide me over.

I also need:

A couple of decent, lightweight innertubes.
A decent (and preferably lightweight) 8 speed chain.

I'm sure there are other bits that I can't think of right now...

If you bought the cattlehead off High Cadence I have also bought a Cattleprod from him... That did not arrive yet either. I have dealt with him in the past and always found him to be very prompt, when buying my stem though I dealt with someone else who was looking after his site... Guess he must be ill or on holiday (not banged up for fraud we hope! :shock: ). I am going to send a polite email to him asking where my stem is, with a exact description of the stem I ordered. I suggest you do the same.

Mine was bought off a german eBayer named Jochen.
I've spoken to him about it and he was really nice. Told him that if it didn't arrive by Monday i'd be back in touch. I think he'll split the loss with me.

I told another retrobiker about another Cattlehead he had - hope they receive thiers ok!

It's just irratating as it's the last component I need to complete the bike and i'm now skint 'til the end of the month so can't just buy another one. :(

JS1500":1zb2eref said:
I think he'll split the loss with me.
I don't know much about ebay but elsewhere its the sellers responsibiity if things get 'lost in the post', I'd expect a full refund.

stevet1":2jqj4mv3 said:
JS1500":2jqj4mv3 said:
I think he'll split the loss with me.
I don't know much about ebay but elsewhere its the sellers responsibiity if things get 'lost in the post', I'd expect a full refund.

Trouble is that he'd given me the option of insured shipping but it was too expensive to justify.

Back