AMP RESEARCH B2 1993

what groupset should i go for xtr 900 or 950?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ddidds

Retro Guru
hi everyone

i just bought this. i want to rebuild it like it was back in the days, no modern parts at all. i want to build it as an amp b2, are there any differences frame-wise between the b2 and the amplifier? i also need the original parts sheet or the brochure from back then, does anyone have it?

cheers

Alecs

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,616
ddidds":1br5zqi1 said:
hi everyone
i just bought this. i want to rebuild it like it was back in the days, no modern parts at all.

I’ll swap my original shock for your nice ‘modern’ Risse shock! ;)
I picked mine up as a frame and fork (Judy's) only, so I can't help with the original spec.

Hi mate.... I have a frame with several components and Rockimtn has just completed his so between us we can help with odds and sods.

He gave me this link: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22144

Hope that helps and if you have a look through you will find his complete build. My frame is currently badged as an Amp also.... dont know whether or not ro return it to a Mongoose or not???? Ahhhh....debate!

Have fun, I love Amp hardware.

Oh....... Amp themselves are also a good source for info and bits. Their websire still holds tech info and if you email them they will give you parts details and prices. They even offered to service my rear shock and post it back to the UK.

I was watching that auction as well but decided not to bid for I'm in a process of decreasing my bike collection, not increasing... Still I'd like to own an AMP some day but I'd like it to be in better condition than the one you won.

Mongoose sold theirs as frame-only if I recall right, AMP probably had component packages, mostly full Shimano series like XT / XTR, etc. with Control Tech stems, seatposts, etc.

thanks guys

to LQQK
i'll keep the shock though :D

to Archangel

i won it for 167.5$, for that money i can spend some time repainting the black and polishing the rear triangle and the upper fork part :D
it's better fun starting low

ah! so you were the lucky person who got the frameset. I was watching that auction, and you got it for a pretty good price i think. it's significantly cheaper than what i paid for mine, and mine included the stock shock, not a risse one.

the shipping cost the bidder was charging was what held me off from bidding, as it was double that of what i paid for the shipping of mine. that and the fact that I already own one. :oops:

Nice to see the frame end up with an other retro-lover.
I was also thinking of bidding, but when I got answer to my $300 shipping question, my mind was telling me not to. Maybe that's how it stayed cheap...

Hope you let us enjoy a bit while you built it up.. :D

Back